Hi All

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
dvst

Hi All

Post by dvst »

Hi All,

Been browsing here for a while and found a heap of great info. My summer project is to finish our Alfresco area, which of course has to include a BBQ.

I realise "gassers" aren't popular around here, but just got myself a NG 8 Burner. After a lot of research I ended up with one of these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Euro-Gri ... 2a268c2ae8

I did a heap of research and found there were so many people selling these for various prices (some extreme!), but they are all certified under the same AGA number :D

BBQs for us are mainly social, with a lot of food. I'm hoping now with a NG and the fact I don't have to drive to bunnings to get bottles anymore will mean we also use if during the week for regular dinners.

Looking forward to getting more ideas for the outdoor kitchen. I'm torn at the moment about whether to grab a outdoor fridge or not, so would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts on those, and if you have one, whether you use it?
burb

Re: Hi All

Post by burb »

Welcome, what part of the land are you from?
dvst

Post by dvst »

Sorry, should have mentioned. Located in Canberra, so there will be a lot of cold BBQ nights.
burb

Post by burb »

Pretty sure there's other Canberrans on board here, will no doubt have some tips on q'ing in the cold.

I like the bottle opener on the new unit!
ozwaz

Post by ozwaz »

Welcome aboard.

Gas bbq's have their place, especially NG ones, so cheap to run. Don't forgot you can still smoke in a gas bbq.

Cheers
Wazza
Traeger Pellet Grill - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner