Portuguese chicken BBQ

CHICKEN, DUCK, PIDGEON, QUAIL, TURKEY ETC
Mountain Mick

Portuguese chicken BBQ

Post by Mountain Mick »

Hi Guys
Here a nice Portuguese chicken BBQ for you to bush the piri piri sauce or Peri Peri Sauce over. enjoy MM :D :lol: :wink: :P

Portuguese chicken BBQ
Here is the marinate
8 cloves garlic, crushed
Pinch salt
Juice of 2 lemons
1 tsp bay leaf powder
2 tsp paprika
2 shots Aguardente or scotch whisky (80mls)
2 tbsp very soft butter
1 whole chicken cut (spatchcock or butterfly)
Rock salt

Brush both sides with the marinade and sprinkle with rock salt. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 – 45 minutes. Cook over a charcoal BBQ, turning frequently and basting continuously with the remaining marinade until both sides are golden brown – approximately 30 minutes, Cut the chicken into pieces with kitchen scissors and brush with Piri Piri sauce.

Note-: Aguardente is Portuguese Water fiery or fiery Water an alcoholic beverages that contain between 29% and 60% alcohol by volume

very very yummo. MM 8) 8) 8) 8)
Image Image
21st century caveman Mountain Mick www.mountaingriller.com
Smokey

Re: Portuguese chicken BBQ

Post by Smokey »

And dont forget the piquin chiles :wink:
I will be growing some this season so will be able to send some seeds this summer.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
titch

Post by titch »

Smokey Mick wrote:And dont forget the piquin chiles :wink:
I will be growing some this season so will be able to send some seeds this summer.

That will be so kind of you.Thank you.
Cheers.
Titch
Cheers
Titch
Mountain Mick

Post by Mountain Mick »

Hi Smokey,
Would you like some I have a hundred bushes growing wild in the garden all spread by the Currawongs. I can pick 1/2kg and send them to you. I have them dried , salted and I use them to make very hot pepper sauce like Tabasco but much hot I fill a 5lt dejoum half with them and crush them with a long piece of 19mm dowel I them add 1/2 cup salt and fill the bottle to the bottom of the neck with vinegar and let sit in the dark for 6months them I drain though a wire sive and rebottle for 3 more months at which time if is ready to strip paint of walls MM :D :) :lol: :wink: :P

Pequin (or Piquin) pepper (pronunciation: pee/puh-KEEN) is a hot chile pepper, also known as "bird pepper" or "Birds eye", that is commonly used as a spice
Pequin peppers are very hot, often 13-40 times hotter than jalapeños on the Scoville scale (100,000-140,000 units)
It's often confused for the chiltepin, which is the African Devil chilli.

Smokey Mick wrote:And dont forget the piquin chiles :wink:
Image Image
21st century caveman Mountain Mick www.mountaingriller.com