Newbie from WA

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Mainey . . .

Newbie from WA

Post by Mainey . . . »

Have had cooking experience and recently tasted a steak done on a Weber and I was 'hooked' :) :)
Looked at BBG and they advised me the ziggy was better, so come away confused.
I googled all sorts of word combinations to get results and found here, where I was impressed with the non biased results :)

I bought a Baby Q last weekend and loved the steaks and snags it produced even with-out a timer on the first couple :)
I have since discovered the iPhone 'timer' is good for steaks etc but will buy a dedicated timer for the Weber (need clues)

However, discovered when running the Baby Q on HIGH the flame does not show on the fist half of the first straight part of the stainless steel burner before the bend, it wavers up and down only on the last half of the first straight section of the burner before the bend, and from there on it looks normal and stable height and color round to the end.

When used on LOW it looks normal - burning all the way round the stainless steel burner at the same height and color from start to end etc.

Have changed the gas bottle and it is exactly the same result :(

Question: Is this a normal situation for the Weber ????
An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P