Maverick et83 first go

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
Brewerbbqer

Maverick et83 first go

Post by Brewerbbqer »

I've had a weber kettle around a month now, and have had nothing but success with it ( love it ! ), but was looking for a digital thermometer, so I could stop lifting the lid to check meat temps. I saw a maverick et83 and today is the first hit out with a roast lamb. Going to use the pre set temp for medium and see how it goes.
Brewerbbqer

Re: Maverick et83 first go

Post by Brewerbbqer »

So it alarms instantly lol. Over cooked from the start it's telling me ffs
Brewerbbqer

Post by Brewerbbqer »

I've read the instructions and think I'm doing everything correctly but it alarms instantly. Even both probes in the meat it confuses the internal temp of the weber with the meat temp and alarms as it shoots past 160f. Quite annoying haha
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Brewerbbqer wrote:I've read the instructions and think I'm doing everything correctly but it alarms instantly. Even both probes in the meat it confuses the internal temp of the weber with the meat temp and alarms as it shoots past 160f. Quite annoying haha
Switch both probe alarms to OFF before you start, then switch one on to work our which probe is giving you an alarm, then swap the probes from side to side to see inf the alarm is on a circuit or a faulty probe.

Then reset.

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Brewerbbqer

Post by Brewerbbqer »

Regardless of how I set it up, the temp just climbs through the roof and the "overcooked" alarm comes up mate. I've buried the probes right down into the meat, with no change. I'm not sure how it can read so high when both probes are buried to the hilt in the meat. Quite frustrating.
niko123456

Post by niko123456 »

Boil a kettle and see if they are beyond 100C or about right?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Brewerbbqer wrote:Regardless of how I set it up, the temp just climbs through the roof and the "overcooked" alarm comes up mate. I've buried the probes right down into the meat, with no change. I'm not sure how it can read so high when both probes are buried to the hilt in the meat. Quite frustrating.
That says it's knackered. Where did you buy it?
Brewerbbqer

Post by Brewerbbqer »

Got it from smoked and cured. I'll try the kettle trick and go from there. Away til next week so have to wait til then. Spewin haha
AnzacPaul

Post by AnzacPaul »

What happens if you set it up outside the kettle, like just sitting on the bench? does it still error?
Brewerbbqer

Post by Brewerbbqer »

Sending it back next week for a refund. Might wait til Christmas and get a better one.
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Brewerbbqer wrote:Sending it back next week for a refund. Might wait til Christmas and get a better one.
Good, it sounded like a dead one!