Boar Taint

Please post any food related suppliers in this section.
bbqmad

Re: Boar Taint

Post by bbqmad »

Yeah Kev them ribs sound a bit rough i think that's the thing with the machine gun Kelly boys it's a bit hit and miss, which makes it hard to bag them off or recommend you can get some really beaut cuts of meat from there go back and think jeez what animal did this come off.

On my travels yesterday slipped into s/b at yatala and Adrian some of the best looking pork legs / shoulders / rib roasts you'll find anywhere, i got some pork ribs as they looked a little better than there normal quality - still not enough meat on them though.

The only downside Adrian is if you can only get there on weekend's take a flask (i wont ask what's in it) and a cut lunch as they usualy have clearence sales and i kid you not quite often people will queue from 3.00am for a 4.00am open / start of race - go!!!

good luck
Glen :cry:
If we weren't supposed to eat animals then why do they taste so good
Weber Platinum
Weber Kettle 22.5"
Bar-b-chef Texas Smoker
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Glen,

you have to get past that other bloke first...you know the one that has that silly bugger dressed in the cow cossie, that is on the corner of programme and byte streets?...sheeeesh i go during the week :wink:

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....
bbqmad

Post by bbqmad »

Yeah Kev

Your right hat silly bugger wants to be careful he doesn't get lassoed roped up and carted away in a truck to the butchers himself lol!! :D

Glen
If we weren't supposed to eat animals then why do they taste so good
Weber Platinum
Weber Kettle 22.5"
Bar-b-chef Texas Smoker
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Snab wrote:Yeah it certainly sounds gross. It happens when the uncastrated males hit puberty and all the crazy hormones cause a buildup of some real funk in the fat of the meat, but it can also happen via bacterial causes in poorly managed/raised pigs grown in confinement.
Either that....or another Boar has used that Boar as a Double Adapter :lol:
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q3200 NG
Weber Performer Kettle - Sage Green
Weber Mastertouch Plus - Deep Ocean Blue
Weber Jumbo Joe - black
AdrianP

Post by AdrianP »

[quote="thesmokedangel"]Adrian,

bloke, there is a butcher on old cleveland rd.... near the boundry rd intersection at camp hill...? who is a pork genius does his own prize winning hams and such.... ribs..... lots of quality stuff... right hand side of road travelling west bound just past that set of lights about 250 mtrs.... there is the word "mt" in it.... :roll:

sorry trying to think through a fried out brain....good luck... you wont be disapointed. :)

kevin[/quote]

Hi Kevin,

I couldn't find any butcher with "Mt.", but I found a butcher shop called "Salm's Meats Camp Hill" there. Could it be this one?

Thanks!

Adrian
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Yep Knowing Kev "MT" = Meat. So Salm's meats would be the one :lol:
Give em a try.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Adrian,

if there the ones near that intersection you have hit pay dirt.

do it..... give 'em a go,

heres hopeing

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....