The new Kamado Joes at BBQ Galore

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
thermoman.1

Re: The new Kamado Joes at BBQ Galore

Post by thermoman.1 »

Thanks for that Urbangriller. Not really what I was thinking of at all but an interesting concept. Live and learn.
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Gumb wrote:Both Joes are way overpriced for what you get in my book.
+1
BGE have been selling a half moon pizza stone eggcessory for a long time that would fit too on top of the fire ring that wasn't expensive. http://www.biggreenegg.com/eggcessories ... ng-stones/
O2zi3

Post by O2zi3 »

i think the divide and conquer system is brilliant...i know cos i have it. There isn't anything else out there like it. Adds a ton of versatility to an "overpriced" Kamado. Funny how so many people wished it was available for their brand
Grillnoob

Post by Grillnoob »

Dont need it on mine.but it does look good.
moochme

Post by moochme »

First post! Though I've been lurking for a bit.

I've cooked on a Weber Q200 for years, but just recently became interested in getting a Kamado.

Initially I thought about an Akorn, but now I'm leaning towards a ceramic as they just seem so well built.

The new Kamado Joe Classic at BBQ Galore looks very nice. But prices appear to have gone up too, now $1200. Ouch!

I was just wondering if anyone managed to get a better deal than $1200 at BBQ Galore for a Kamado Joe Classic?
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

There's much better value out there than Joes from BBQs Galore........check out Smoke King BBQs in our vendor section and get one with the heat deflector (they are essential)
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Costco has some to look at and compare too.
moochme

Post by moochme »

Card Shark wrote:Costco has some to look at and compare too.
Do you mean the Vision Kamados are back in stock at Costco? I thought they weren't been stocked at Costco anymore.
greeny03

Post by greeny03 »

Had a look at the Costco job the other day in the new Adelaide store. Think I prefer my over priced Kamado Joe! ;)
moochme

Post by moochme »

greeny03 wrote:Had a look at the Costco job the other day in the new Adelaide store. Think I prefer my over priced Kamado Joe! ;)
Choices, choices, choices.

Did you get your KJ at BBQ Galore? If so, were they willing to negotiate?

I checked out the smoke kings BBQ. With pro accessories pack and delivery, it works out to be about $1050. Prices have gone up since the $650 days I think.
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

moochme wrote:
Card Shark wrote:Costco has some to look at and compare too.
Do you mean the Vision Kamados are back in stock at Costco? I thought they weren't been stocked at Costco anymore.
Plenty of some brand in the store up here last visit. Have a look at the price differential if you're in the hunt. Most are made in the same place and almost anybody's accessories are going to fit an 18 inch Kamado. Wish somebody would bring in a load of BGE's.
tfx

Post by tfx »

Some stock at the Canberra store. Arounf $740 I think.

With the vision you get 2 rack and an old pizza tray works well as a deflector.
Nath

Post by Nath »

I'd definitely look at the smoke king bbq kamados. Not sure why anyone would pay $1200 with less Accesories. Heat deflector is an essential, not an accessory
Nath
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Nath wrote:I'd definitely look at the smoke king bbq kamados. Not sure why anyone would pay $1200 with less Accesories. Heat deflector is an essential, not an accessory
+1

And Gary's after sales service has been praised in here a number of times. Much better than dealing with Costco and better buying than the BBQs Galore version.
bobntpa

Post by bobntpa »

Hey guys,
So I've had my Costco Vision for about 2.5 years used about 2-3 times a week and love it but its time for something larger. I have looked at the large KJ at BBQ Galore, agree with most, I think its over priced. Would love opinions from anyone on large/extra large kamados. I don't mind paying, I just want something with quality and accessories.
I'm in Sydney, inner west.
Cheers,
Bob
mmmm pork