Help me find

All about smokers hot and cold
BBQBOY

Help me find

Post by BBQBOY »

Hello wondering if anybody has the info for the brothers that build the herbertson smokers in the brisbane area , I was given info to find peter lee pit master from bbqblue.com.au but that web address doesn't exist any more any help would be good cheer!
urbangriller

Re: Help me find

Post by urbangriller »

Nobody has seen or heard of either of them for quite a while.

Last reported sighting was by Spode but his efforts petered out in 2006.

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
BBQBOY

Post by BBQBOY »

Cheers for the update urban griller , my brother got his from them after that but lost there details the useless bugger any ways I guess I will have to keep my ear to the ground and my nose in the air !!
BBQBOY

Post by BBQBOY »

Was given contact info from another user and he has retired I tryed to bend his arm but no luck cheers for the help people & keep on smoking
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

those 2 names,

mate...........what a blast from the past there.

ol' BBQ blue...........and that herbertson it think you will agree is like finding a unikorn's horn.

i would like to wish you luck............but drop it.....you will only find frustration.

although back in the mid naughties he did help me quite a bit............he lined up my 1st WSM which i still have and am most grateful to him for it.

also he talked me through the trans from the pov-pac meco to the exquisite use of the bullet.

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....
BBQBOY

Post by BBQBOY »

I knew it would be along shot but some times u just have to try $1200 for the smoker back in 2009 and it still like brand new
Sounded much better than some of the prices some of these mugs are asking for today!!
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

BBQBOY wrote:I knew it would be along shot but some times u just have to try $1200 for the smoker back in 2009 and it still like brand new
Sounded much better than some of the prices some of these mugs are asking for today!!
Ha! In 2009 a Silver Creek would have cost you $1200, now the cost of the steel is that much before the first weld!...times change, even if they were still building. I'll bet they would be trippple (thats Trippple with three "P"s) the price!

Chris
BBQBOY

Post by BBQBOY »

I guess that's the difference in somebody building smokers for the love or commercial building a ppproduct.
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

BBQBOY wrote:I guess that's the difference in somebody building smokers for the love or commercial building a ppproduct.

I wouldn't say that, you have to love it to build these things, it's damn hard wwwork!...and you gotta know your stuff, getting them to draw properly is an art!

Chris
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Chris

i was learned real good in drawing at school.

although my left hand knuckles copped a walloping or 5.....( being left handed in the dark ages )

and yeah i reckon you have to have a particular twist in your DNA to build those babies.

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Commander Cody wrote:Chris

i was learned real good in drawing at school.

although my left hand knuckles copped a walloping or 5.....( being left handed in the dark ages )

and yeah i reckon you have to have a particular twist in your DNA to build those babies.

kevin
Dead right Kevin!

Kills me that everyone pays $200 an hour to their Sparky, Plumber or Mechanic, but when an Aritsan BBQ Smoker builder charges something like $20 an hour for his Time, Expertise and Love it's suddenly a "Commercial Ripoff"!

Some people just don't understand the Value of Art!

Chris
BBQBOY

Post by BBQBOY »

Is art not subjective ,Ok I don't like to pay dollar ! There isn't any thing wrong with that . Sorry if I stepped on anybody's toes but I think u should go get a few more quotes if u are paying $200 per hour for a sparky .