Pre-made pizza bases

This forum is reserved for "What did you cook posts" and "Pizza Porn". Only post in the current Topics.
Post Reply
the dane
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Pre-made pizza bases

Post by the dane » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:31 pm

We have always rolled our own pizza dough, just coming back from holidays went to a friend's house and it was one of the best pizzas i had in a long time and it was a premade base. So yesterday at my local Coles store I purchase a 2Pac stone based pizz base pack. Have to admit it was very good. No mess no stuffing around. Simply sauce toppings cook.
Image


the dane
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Pre-made pizza bases

Post by the dane » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:36 pm

the dane wrote:We have always rolled our own pizza dough, just coming back from holidays went to a friend's house and it was one of the best pizzas i had in a long time and it was a premade base. So yesterday at my local Coles store I purchase a 2Pac stone based pizz base pack. Have to admit it was very good. No mess no stuffing around. Simply sauce toppings cook.
Finaly tap a talk will send photosImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Image

titch
Posts: 5793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:51 pm
Location: Sth East Melbourne

Re: Pre-made pizza bases

Post by titch » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:51 pm

your pizza looks great.
what brand base did you buy?
Cheers
Titch

mymonaro
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: Pre-made pizza bases

Post by mymonaro » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:37 pm

I assume using the pre-made bases cooking times would have to be reduced; if so, by how much?

the dane
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Pre-made pizza bases

Post by the dane » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 pm

titch wrote:your pizza looks great.
what brand base did you buy?
Best pre made i have hadImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Image

the dane
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Pre-made pizza bases

Post by the dane » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:43 pm

mymonaro wrote:I assume using the pre-made bases cooking times would have to be reduced; if so, by how much?
I did 10min first one and 12 min second one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Image

gnol
Posts: 1140
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:33 pm
Location: Werribee

Re: Pre-made pizza bases

Post by gnol » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:52 pm

I try to avoid them But have to admit I've used them a couple of times before. After looking around I used the Aldi ones. Haven't tried any others so i can't compare but found these pretty good.

http://www.productoftheyear.com.au/site ... bases-2pk/

mymonaro
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: Pre-made pizza bases

Post by mymonaro » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:33 pm

the dane wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:43 pm
mymonaro wrote:I assume using the pre-made bases cooking times would have to be reduced; if so, by how much?
I did 10min first one and 12 min second one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks

Powderdigit
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:33 pm

Re: Pre-made pizza bases

Post by Powderdigit » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:59 am

I can’t offer any first-hand experience on pre-made bases but I was in Baker’s Delight recently and a lady came in and purchased a heap for a long afternoon of family pizzas and beer. She reckons those bases are excellent. She too prefers her own but sometimes it’s just too hard and these were a close second.
Powderdigit


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests