28 days done.

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
DodgySheep

Re: 28 days done.

Post by DodgySheep »

Out of curiosity, have you weighed them before and after to see how much weight is lost in terms of water as they dry out? I'm convinced that there's a lot of cheap supermarket meat out there that looks bright red and wet, whereas anything hung/aged is going to lose a lot of weight as it drys out, but the quality is of course going to be better still and worse the added price per kilo. Added to which - I'm sure no-one is ever going to age cheap crap meat, they'll save it for the good stuff! :)
Pesto3

28 days done.

Post by Pesto3 »

DodgySheep wrote:Out of curiosity, have you weighed them before and after to see how much weight is lost in terms of water as they dry out? I'm convinced that there's a lot of cheap supermarket meat out there that looks bright red and wet, whereas anything hung/aged is going to lose a lot of weight as it drys out, but the quality is of course going to be better still and worse the added price per kilo. Added to which - I'm sure no-one is ever going to age cheap crap meat, they'll save it for the good stuff! :)
DodgySheep, I actually did weigh the first one I did. I went through my records and didn't record it though. I just started one yesterday so when I get home I will weigh it and let you know the difference in 28 days. From memory it was around 600 grams on a 5kg whole fillet. But that's from memory and that isn't my best quality lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk