New Thread Idea, please consider

Any general items, polls
Angryman65

Post by Angryman65 »

I have tried a heap of different recipes recently that I have seen on this forum and have had a bit of an idea. :idea:

Considering the multicultural approach to food both on this forum and in Australia in general is there any merit in trying out a themed thread for different recipes from different nationalities or a list of countries / regions people can post ideas, recipes and requests in.

One per month or quarter maybe like a "What did you Cook?", or just another forum page with a list of culinary destinations, not just for showing what we did but also for requesting recipes along that theme.

I personally have had Thai, Greek, American, North African, Jamaican and middle eastern style meals from here since joining and have used it as a referrence when planning family meals or parties.

Might be a change from picking a type of protein and researching that, can plan a whole feed from starters, mains and desserts. Drinks and anything else unique to that nation or region. Had a Spanish night once with heaps of Tapas dishes and Sangria.

Think about it and let's all have a discussion about the possibilities and potential.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter.
Smokey

Re: New Thread Idea, please consider

Post by Smokey »

I think its a great idea :D
The way we all follow each other is sayin something. Most post there OS dishes in , as you say the protein category or WDYC however, Some dishes are so totally culture based that they deserve a place of their own. As long as it comes with a how to it would be useful.
I can, However see the protein threads suffer as most of what I do is from OS :shock:
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Angryman65

Post by Angryman65 »

SM,
The protien threads may suffer for a little while everything balances out in the long run. I've spent way too many hours going through the WDYC posts to find recipes, plenty of chat amongst the gems.

The time poor people among us would certainly benefit whn looking for something new.

The members will decide if theres a future for this and the Mods have the ultimate say.
peteru

Post by peteru »

I think it would be good to theme the competitions. Say a Korean themed comp, followed by North African, etc.

Post by Smokey »

Angryman65 wrote:SM,
The protien threads may suffer for a little while everything balances out in the long run. I've spent way too many hours going through the WDYC posts to find recipes, plenty of chat amongst the gems.

The time poor people among us would certainly benefit whn looking for something new.

The members will decide if theres a future for this and the Mods have the ultimate say.
I cant argue with that mate. Id love to see something outstandingly French come into the mix and adapted to our outdoor cookers.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
Angryman65

Post by Angryman65 »

Doesn't look like this idea is going to come to fruition, doesn't matter it was worth a shot and thats what a democracy is all about. The forum is by no means broken so probably doesn't need tweaking.

SM, By French I presume you mean something other than drinking burgundy wearing a beret and chucking butter at meat. Nothing leaps to mind for a French style dish but the challenge has been accepted. Will post what ever I come up with if I remember to take photos.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Angryman65 wrote:Doesn't look like this idea is going to come to fruition, doesn't matter it was worth a shot and thats what a democracy is all about. The forum is by no means broken so probably doesn't need tweaking.

SM, By French I presume you mean something other than drinking burgundy wearing a beret and chucking butter at meat. Nothing leaps to mind for a French style dish but the challenge has been accepted. Will post what ever I come up with if I remember to take photos.
I must of been on a French trip back then :lol: ,, I was with the lemon salt and sage chicken thing :roll:
Though I could easily re-entre it. :lol:
I wonder how they do BBQ ?,,, If they do bbq ? Seems all indoors to me but Im sure that they must have an outdoor cooking style.

I still think your idea has merrit :wink:
The problem is that the "Recepie" section is now filled with question post's or see what I cooked post's that have made it hard to find an interesting dish posted in a true how to format.
What would really be good is some sort of off site storage for recepies like the BBQ Bretheren has. All dishes are listed by name for you to easily find and no junk to sift through.
talisker63

Post by talisker63 »

Come on Steak Frittes is a classic French dish that works on the BBQ. As you say chuck butter at steak and try to NOT make it good!

If you want to start a regional food thread then go for it. I think its worth a shot.