Ziegler and Brown Twin Grill

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
LA1

Ziegler and Brown Twin Grill

Post by LA1 »

Saw these at BBQ Galore on the weekend. Never been a huge fan of portables but these look pretty cool- bit like a q on roids. Well thought out design and heaps of accessories. Side shelves are sturdy and fold up to act as wind breaks, there is a condiment holder on the front and a spot for the optional hotplate in the stand. Vid on the BBQ Galore website gives the best representation(with side on view) of the unit.
Info on the BBQ Galore website and their Facebook page

Meat and eat

Re: Ziegler and Brown Twin Grill

Post by Meat and eat »

Hmmm, with this and the Beefeater Bugg,
wonder how long before Weber bring out a hotter dual burner mid size Q.
Actually like the storage idea on the top of the cart for the solid plate. 8)
Plenty opposition around now.

I checked this out today. It is bbq galores own brand.
Looks like a very cheap knockoff of the weber q.
Almost same pricing too.

Cheers

Meat and eat
"My mind is made up. Please don't confuse me with facts."
Mountain Mick

Post by Mountain Mick »

Yes I went and had a look today, not bad and I do like red, and yes they are BBQ Galore own BBQ so if I so after a portable twin gas bbq and at just under $400 not bad. MM :D :P :lol: :wink:

They are size wise like a Weber Gas BBQ - Q220 but instead of have only one large ring burner they got two ring burners and you can cook with the lid up or down as were with the Weber Gas BBQ - Q220 you have really have to cook with the lid down.
:P Hell I think I talk myself into buying one. but It will have to be Chilli red,MM :wink:

I can not get this silly video youtube linky think to bloody work
Last edited by Mountain Mick on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
21st century caveman Mountain Mick www.mountaingriller.com
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Mountain Mick wrote:Yes I went and had a look today, not bad and I do like red, and yes they are BBQ Galore own BBQ so if I so after a portable twin gas bbq and at just under $400 not bad. MM :D :P :lol: :wink:

They are size wise like a Weber Gas BBQ - Q220 but instead of have only one large ring burner they got two ring burners and you can cook with the lid up or down as were with the Weber Gas BBQ - Q220 you have really have to cook with the lid down.
:P Hell I think I talk myself into buying one. but It will have to be Chilli red,MM :wink:

I can not get this silly video youtube linky think to bloody work
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEBZi9v22kg&feature=plcp[/youtube]
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Croc

Post by Croc »

I think I will go the charcoal grey as red fades so quick up here in the tropics.
Pub17

Post by Pub17 »

Just brought the new Ziggy and I have to say its one of the best buys we have made.
Just finished cooking the best steak ever, 2 kg jumbo chicken wings were cooked to perfection yesterday with a great result.
Recommended that you give the Ziggy a go, i disagree that it's a cheap knockoff of the Q series,the twin burner system puts this BBQ in a different category.
The only gripe is that BBQ Galore are rigid in pricing when paying in cash and purchasing accessories ( most other retailers are willing to negotiate )
Having said that, this is this easiest way to get a perfect result from a patio bbq, chilly red was our choice.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Mmmmmmm it seems that the Weber Q series grills has a major contender on it's hands and that this BBQ has been designed ground up to zero-in on the sales success of the Q range.
It has been often said and I will agree that the Q220 needs a major power lift because of the weakness it shows when trying to grill a rare steak but this little Ziggy seems to have addressed this issue and if it does.....I reckon they deserve the success of the Q range.

The Ziggy seems to be priced ok and I've seen the promo vid in this thread and it looks to perform great....and the idea of being able to grill with lid open will make many Aussies happy.

I don't blame BBG for being tight with their prices, this is a whole new model and just intime for the Aussie BBQ season. I think they are priced fairly reasonable compared to the Q220. Even a blind man can see where they've aimed their design towards and who they're trying to beat.
Weber came up with this ingenius design about 7 yrs ago and is one of the biggest sellers ever since the Kettle.

I might nick down today to my local BBG and hope to see one in the skin and I may comment back here later on......

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

How good is competition to the consumer.
The Weber Q series revolutionised the way many people cook on a BBQ, people changed to the Q in droves, now there are other similar designs coming onto the market giving the customer different choices, but all with the same concept.
This can only be good for the consumer. I think that there are some good choices out there for BBQs as long as people keep away from the el-cheapos, they can benefit by having those choices.

The next thing that we need is a revolutionary charcoal grill so that customers can get the true taste of BBQ'd and Grilled food.

Captain
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Hi all,
I am very pleased with this bbq it has power to spare - perhaps too much.
I've tried most forms of cooking in the last week and once a little familiar with it have got good results.
I had considered the Q220 but was concerned about the heat issues and the other weber's were too small or big.
So all in quite happy. I would like something like this that had a third burner for low baking as in something to allow roasting at 150C.
This one seems to run at 190C as the min (water tray &, one burner off &, the other at minimum),. The instructions seem to indicate to go low you monitor the temp and turn on or off the bbq to suit... This is a little hands on for me!

Could the other ZG thread in forum general be moved over here?

Cheers
mulga

Post by mulga »

Bought a ziggy the other week and very pleased with it. :D
2piecefeed

Post by 2piecefeed »

Bought one of these bad boys today and it goes pretty damn good. Love it.
titch

Post by titch »

Was in the local BBQ galore and they say these things are moving well. ( I was looking at Potplants.)
Went from a 10 thousand to a 30 thousand order from the maker,I was told.
I was impressed by the robust unit,well finished and feels solid.

Fountain Gate BBQ galore are cooking a roast for display Friday night.
Cheers.
Titch
Cheers
Titch
shiska

Post by shiska »

Does the BBG Ziggy suffer with flare up's from fat dripping on the 2 burners,as they seem by Urbangrillers posted video to have no protection from dripping fat.

Cheers
shiska
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

The tamers are in the grill plates.
interesting.
I sometimes induce flare ups to get a fired sear, I wonder if thats possible with these?
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
aussie

Post by aussie »

The inbuilt tamers are similar to the Beefeater ones, I would think you could get a flare up on the center of the plate where it is open and around the edges.