Sydney shop for Brisket & Shoulder

Please post any food related suppliers in this section.
edgy

Sydney shop for Brisket & Shoulder

Post by edgy »

Kinda urgent gents.. :oops:

I need to locate a Sydney Supplier who can help me get a Pork shoulder & a beef brisket... $$$ not really a problem just need to make sure I have this before christmas this weekend.

Late I know but my usual supplier only got back to me today with the bad news!

Cheers!
Yoder Smokers - Competition BBQ team

Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member! "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." Frank Sinatra
Chalky

Re: Sydney shop for Brisket & Shoulder

Post by Chalky »

Pendle Hill Meat Markets http://www.pendleham.com.au/market/index.html
128-138 Bungaree Road
Pendle Hill NSW 2145
Phone: 9631 3133
There pretty dam good and not dear, I got them to bone a pork leg & brine it @ $7.99/Kg
I smoked it a treat last night http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... 392#p39370

Chalky
ImageImage
the best part of a chook is the last bit over the fence
edgy

Post by edgy »

Thanks Chalky!

Will get onto them first thing in the am.

Good job on the leg too mate.. looks yum

Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member! "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." Frank Sinatra
Livewire

Post by Livewire »

Edgy

If you are closer into the CBD I have always found the chinese butcher in Haymarket across from Paddy's Market to have a great range, friendly butcher (very accomodating) and reasonable prices for all pork cuts

Emperors Garden Meat Market
211 Thomas St, Haymarket

Loads of meat leave there everyday to the local restaurants

Glenn
Kamado slow it goes as those lovely red embers glow
Royal Kamado, Weber Kettle K: 1988, Weber OTG DD:2000, Coolabah Mini Spit and 4 B Gasser
edgy

Post by edgy »

I think I know the one ^^

Will give it a go if all else fails.. My misses works in the CBD however started her leave already & I'm usually in the city weekly but it would be hard to get away from the office this week! :lol:

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Edgy,
If you are doing pulled or smoked pork you may do better asking for collar butt, also refered to as neck or scotch fillet.
If you are just going to roast stay with the shoulder as it will have the skin.
Or if you are going to ham it like Chalky did then stay with the shoulder also.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
edgy

Post by edgy »

Thanks for all the responses guys.. we've managed to source all our requirements for Christmas via the way of 3 different suppliers lol ... oh well that is to be expected at such late notice.

kendoll

Post by kendoll »

Can I ask where you ended up getting the brisket from, and who your 'usual' supplier is? Was it an Ameriscan style brisket that you got?

Cheers for any answers.

Ken
Ken
smokerjoe

Post by smokerjoe »

Hey guys different subject but cannot find answers on google. Does anyone know where and if there are anymore bbq comps on in Sydney. Maybe small ones as i am trying to get started as a competitor. Thanking you guys
smokerjoe

Post by smokerjoe »

Hey guys. I am currently working with a local butcher in Wollongong using locally supplied meat as we have a few beef farmers down this way. Its not Angus nor Waygu. Its a cross breed which i have forgotten the name of at the moment. We are starting with a grade 5 marbling looks good and once deboned folded point to point and weigh's 9.8 kg should trim down to about 7.5 kgs. Will be dry aged for 2 weeks. I will be smoking it on the 12.3.2016 will let you know how it goes may add some pics aswell.
Bluedog83

Post by Bluedog83 »

Hey Smokerjoe, as for local comps for the rest of the year, there's none in Sydney that are booked in at the moment.

To keep up to date check out: http://ausbbq.com.au/upcoming-events/

The nearest one to Sydney looks to be "Just Smokin @ The Roundabout Inn" in Gloucester, NSW. On the 14th & 15th May 2016.