We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
bbqmad

Re: new member

Post by bbqmad »

Thanks Mick i'll check those shops out you'll have to keep an eye on superbuthcher when he opens in your area.

Regards the pork ribs if theres any butchers reading any of these posts now is your chance to speak up earn yourselves (not rip us off) some money and do the right cuts to keep us happy and yourselves busy.

Glen
If we weren't supposed to eat animals then why do they taste so good
Weber Platinum
Weber Kettle 22.5"
Bar-b-chef Texas Smoker
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

mick,

carefull with what you purchase from pattons....apparently they have been selling cow (that is what they call 3year old beef ) with the term of budget... leading the uninformed in the the belief that you are getting a bargain on prime cuts.. :evil: ...that is one of the main reasons that the DPI are inforcing the MSA ratings....so we don't get ripped by sharks.. :)

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Isn't that what you blokes have been complaining about? Not getting older Bigger cuts?
If you get there on the right day, About 9am, You can request what ever you want.
As all the butchers turn up to process the weeks "Cows" :D
But its all good, I only buy Rib, Chuck or what ever is cheap so I dont care much how old the beast was. It sure does look and taste good anyhows.
Thanks for the head up, and to be honest, Ive not bought there pre packed whole scotch fillets, Just seen them there cheap.

On another note,
Britts meats at twead heads south is the only place ive found that does pork neck(Butt) for $12.99 kg. However they are cryovaced in there pairs, so you have to buy 3 to 6 KG,s
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au