Weber Wooden Handles

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Mr_Miagi

Weber Wooden Handles

Post by Mr_Miagi »

Does anyone know if you can buy wooden handles for Weber Q bbq's? I have ssen a bloke in USA does them for kettles not the Q's. I want to bling it up a bit.
titch

Re: Weber Wooden Handles

Post by titch »

Send marty Leech and email and ask him
His work is superb
Cheers
Titch
Mr_Miagi

Post by Mr_Miagi »

Thanks,

I have sent Marty an email. I was hoping to get the kid ha dale and also the gas knobs made up.

I think I’ll need to get some second hand knobs from somewhere to send off to be made into mounds as when they are crafted it will be easier if they have them rather than my measure and give dimensions.

Hmmm now where can I find the gas knobs for the Q3200 family.

Possibly I may have to buy spares from Weber and send them off.
Mr_Miagi

Post by Mr_Miagi »

Got a reply from Marty. He only does the kettle handles.

Know if anyone else?
Cobblerdave

Post by Cobblerdave »

G'day
Tassie oak insert with Weber logo burnt in with Lazer engraver
Attachments
IMG_1520.JPG
IMG_1520.JPG (119.23 KiB) Viewed 6751 times
Mr_Miagi

Post by Mr_Miagi »

Wow. That’s awesome!!

Where did you get that? I’d love to get one too
Cobblerdave

Post by Cobblerdave »

G'day
The handle was part of the tart up I gave the Q 200 a few years ago. The black paint is new too.
If you have one of the older handles you could do an insert like this as it screws in from the back. Newer ones are shaped with no hollow you would have to make a whole new handle.
Still it's doable and could be connect back to the lid with a spacer and bolts like the original. Long rectangular like the old school handles would be cool.
As for the logo it's burnt in to the wood surface with a lazer engraver and as a one off job for this BBQ only. I havn't made more.
I'll PM you the engravers ph no recon he'll be up to doing another one off.
Regards
Mr_Miagi

Post by Mr_Miagi »

It looks great, good job!!

Did you make it yourself or buy it from someone?

I have the Family Q 3200 so thats the newer model, which I belie I need a whole new handle for. Hmm, how to go about crafting it.
Cobblerdave

Post by Cobblerdave »

G'day
Yes definitly I made it. It's a left over scrap piece of Tasmanian oak that I used to make the dados on a kitchen pantry cupboard.
Was shaped by eye on a 100 year old heel and sole sanding machine. As I said you'll find the telephone no of the bloke who Lazer engraver the logo on you personal messsges at the top of the page when logged in.
The old pre 90s Webers had the wood handles and they were basically two seperate pieces of wood nut and bolt together over the metal handle welder so you didn't burn your hands.
You could make that old school look by bending up a bit of flat plate and bolting it into the holes the existing handles use. Just some aluminium strip from bunnings would be easy to bend with little tools.
Bunnings also sells 12 mm x 30mm Tasmanian oak in short lengths for under 10 bucks a short length. That could be shaped to suit then Lazer engraver
Attachments
Weber handles
Weber handles
IMG_2313.JPG (57.67 KiB) Viewed 6687 times