Kamoda imperal parts

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
Lewiesportal

Kamoda imperal parts

Post by Lewiesportal »

I've got an old kamado imperial which needs new internal parts. All the bits inside are cracked and I've tried to re cement them but they just fell apart again.
I've seen them for sale in the us but not in Australia. Does anyone have a contact?
Thanks lewie.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Kamoda imperal parts

Post by Davo »

Hi Lewies,
The Imperial Komado was actually a Japanese made oven during the 70's I beleive and one of our older members had one some time ago.
There was a Komado dealer who was on here once but can't remember who....they could source parts but as for the internals, I think it could be hard due to the size & age.
Perhaps the internals from the smaller Big Green egg could be made to fit.They are now available in Australia.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Unless you are a Kamado enthusiast, after you get things such as the firebox and include shipping costs and the risks of breakages, it is probably easier to buy a new Kamado after you consider the cost and effort.

eg an Akorn Kamado is $500.
PhoebeB

Post by PhoebeB »

Hi Lewiesportal, did you end up finding anywhere that stocked parts for your Imperial Kamado? I have one that is about 25 years old (Made in Japan) and the hinge part of the frame has rusted through, so looking for somewhere I might be able to get a replacement. Thanks!
paulr
Forum Administrator

Post by paulr »

Phoebe, Lewiesportal hasnt been on since 2017...
But if you click on his profile you can send an email. I doubt that he reads posts here...

Happy BBQ-ing, Paul
http://aussiebbq.info/wp - my blog
https://lifesafeast.com.au/cookingclass ... criptions/ - great cooking classes
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Beer Me.