New Comer , Gas newbee looking for help.

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Ramzinho

New Comer , Gas newbee looking for help.

Post by Ramzinho »

Hello BBQ Maniacs. a little bit of a fast introduction here. me and my wife just arrived to australia 6 weeks ago and we are moving to my place this weekend. with australia day coming the weekend after, i dont think there is a better way to enjoy it than having a nice barbecue on the deck with my wife and a couple of friends.

I've used charcoal bbqs for whole my life back home, but the trouble of getting it to the right temperature, putting the coal on fire and all this hassle makes me want to get a gas barbie. since i have no idea what to get, and from my quick look on this forum. it looks like weber is the forum's go to brand. at a point i felt like it's a weberbbqforum :D but since i'ma new comer here i really do not want to spend anything more than 200$ since i dont even have a job yet.

So what you guys recon should i go for.. the bunning 180$ seems like a nightmare to handle with the bad build quality of the burners and the catch tray. any advice or pointers.

any idea on a sub 200$ barbie will be great. thanks guys.

oh and i've a friend who wants to sell a BBQ Galore Turbo 3 burner for 200$. what do u think about that guys?

Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Ramzinho on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cumagutsa

Re: New Comer , Gas newbee looking for help.

Post by cumagutsa »

Don't be afraid to go second hand, You could possibly pick up a used quality unit for 200, Try the website "gumtree"

cheers Darren
Ramzinho

Post by Ramzinho »

cumagutsa wrote:Don't be afraid to go second hand, You could possibly pick up a used quality unit for 200, Try the website "gumtree"

cheers Darren

I've bought all my furniture through gumtree and through a friend. so i know it :). thing is you guys worship your webbers that none is on gumtree.. oh probably in brisbane :)
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Aaahh don't mind us Weber Snobs :lol: For $200....that Turbo looks awesome...grab it..it looks like near new!!

Top Value :D

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Ramzinho

Post by Ramzinho »

Davo wrote:Aaahh don't mind us Weber Snobs :lol: For $200....that Turbo looks awesome...grab it..it looks like near new!!

Top Value :D

Cheers

Davo
that's what i thought. but i didn't know how good the brand is. but looks like a solid one to me. isn't it? thanks mate
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

I would rather have a second hand turbo than an el-cheap from Bunnings.
The Turbo is better than most and $200 is a good price.

Captain
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

I should add that the BBQ is only the tool, it becomes great by the user. Of course it is always great to start off with good new tools. As you are charcoal man from way back, I suspect that you would be able to make your BBQ sing.

Captain
Ramzinho

Post by Ramzinho »

Captain Cook wrote:I should add that the BBQ is only the tool, it becomes great by the user. Of course it is always great to start off with good new tools. As you are charcoal man from way back, I suspect that you would be able to make your BBQ sing.

Captain

well. hot plate grilling is kinda easy for me as i always used to cook my steaks on a decent cast iron pan. the idea of doing it on an open flame grill is interesting and i'm sure i might screw up the first couple of times. but i've that cook instincts in me and i think i can get it to work after a couple of tries.

And hey. i got the experts here to guide me. isn't that the idea of a forum ;)