How to/not to build a Weber stand

Any general items, polls
GoofballMcFunky

Post by GoofballMcFunky »

I saw one of those Weber performer kettles with the stand with the lill' wheels 'n table whilst i was perusing the big hardware store.
I thought to my self... "that cant be that hard to make my own version of it, bit of steel, wood and wheels easy peasy"
Join me as i embark on this journey of self discovery and stuff building as i attempt this daft idea.
More posts soon to follow as i shall start this weekend,
wish me luck
Goofball
Beer and BBQ, nothing could be better!
Weber Compact on ghetto stand, Weber original 2 family and a BabyQ on a toolbox stand.
Pesto3

Post by Pesto3 »

I love it! I will be watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoofballMcFunky

So some kids threw a shopping trolley over the fence and into my yard, so that saved me a few quid on wheels and now I have a frame to work from.. score!

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
Weber Compact on ghetto stand, Weber original 2 family and a BabyQ on a toolbox stand.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: How to/not to build a Weber stand

Post by Davo »

I own one of the Weber Performer Kettles with the resin table, I love it.....mine had a gas starter for the charcoal but never use it and the newer models don't even include it anymore.
Will be watching your build with interest as I have absolutely no building talent of my own :lol:

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
GoofballMcFunky

Since I was gifted a trolley I decided to use 12mm round rod to make the frame. I bent up the rod on Sunday and sent it to my brothers work this morning and I got it back tonight, I would take pictures but it's dark now.

GoofballMcFunky

GoofballMcFunky

That's just after first coat of paint gonna get some nice timber for the table and I'll put the Weber in as well

GoofballMcFunky

This is a mock up I want to make the table top out of hardwood decking and I want to design an ash catcher, but that will take some more time. But it's looking good so farImage
GoofballMcFunky

i have received a full size Weber and will be planning on adding it to the Frankenstein thing that I have made, i know ya'll think it looks a bit too ghetto but come on function over form?
Groovy Gorilla

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

Im on board it looks like a bought one that was stolen and re-purposed in a 3rd world country .
You need to be cool to pull that off
Well done
chilling while grilling