On Holidays

Any general items, polls
Davo
Forum Administrator

On Holidays

Post by Davo »

Hi Members,

Just to let you know I'll be away on holidays for about 2 weeks so if there's any forum issues....please PM Paulr who is the forum owner......whether or not he'll read your PM before I get back is another matter...don't hold breath :lol: :P

I'm the only other admin/ Moderator here at present.

I won't be able to do much in the way of admin work on the forum but may be able just to activate new member accounts via my mobile.

So....in the meantime....keep BBQin' and having a good time and talk in amongst yourselves :)

Cyas when I get back...

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Pesto3

On Holidays

Post by Pesto3 »

Have a good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
titch

Re: On Holidays

Post by titch »

Enjoy, I'm off next week :wink:
Cheers
Titch
Pesto3

On Holidays

Post by Pesto3 »

You're going to Bali Titch? check out poppies restaurant if you get the chance. It's unbelievable. That was 20 yrs ago mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
titch

Post by titch »

I first went to Bali about 28 years ago.Food was a bit rough then.
I went back 2 years ago for a wedding ,returned 4 months later a few times .
We ate all thru Bali,spent days just traveling and eating.
I,m going back to do it again :wink:
Shall look up Poppies,I guess thats near Poppies lane?we tend to steer clear of that area
Cheers
Titch
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

I'm outa here....cya all in 2 weeks!! 8)
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

What a crap holiday :(

The first day I arrived up at Mum's at Grafton on the North Coast NSW(for the interstaters) all was good, it was a good trip....got to bed on Tuesday night and woke up to find my body going into some kind of shock...I was shivering wildly and burning up.....so I just tried to ride it out thinking I must've got some virus or something....anyway I stopped the shivers eventually and went to getup to go to the loo...put my left foot on the floor and OMFG!!
It was on fire....redder than a fire truck and almost as big...anyway near crying with pain I limped to the loo and limped straight back again.
I stayed in bed for most that day not knowing what the hell just happened.
My wife took me up to the ED at the Grafton Base Hospital and they gave me a few injections including an IV, went back to hospital next day for check up, then after last Friday (a week ago yesterday)was admitted to Hospital for 5 days under a lot of IV antibiotic treatment. Looking outside the window looking at the beautiful warm Grafton days I was missing out on...I was pretty pissed off!!

Anyway, out f Hospital on Wednesday, stayed at Mum's for another day and My wife ad I dove back home to Newcastle yesterday (fri)

After a great sleep in my own bed, leg looks and feels a lot better but still a long way to go.....Gold Coast part of my holiday was canned...thank heavens I didn't book anything.

Thank God for private health insurance which gave me a private room in a public hospital..it was good...staff was very good.

So I guess you lot are stuck with me again for a while :lol: :lol:

While I'm here, I'm looking at doing some trimming of the forum.....firstly after I talk with the owner, The Vendor section will go.

We had a few vendors here when the forum had a big audience but when some members went on to form their own forums, he vendors nicked off too and don't use their sections any more....so I say we don't need them here anymore....

I want to tidy this lace up again and have it for you guys, the newer members who are bringing this forum back to life.....

feel free to make a comment here about it if you wish.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
hoddo

Post by hoddo »

Hey Davo,sorry to hear about your drama, what do you think was the cause? Mate you are a legend for what you do here on the forum, thanks. As far as the vendors section, I like it and hope they will still give us updates and special deals.
yakabot

Post by yakabot »

Very sorry to read about your foot stuffing your holiday. Did they figure out what it was though? In case it happens again.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

The medical issue was Cellulitis which is a staphococal condition which is a virus that gets in under the skin.

This germ sits on your skin all the time, it just needs a way to seep in to a wound and so is very important to disinfect any injuries.

How this got into me, no idea, it could sit dormant for a long time till it detects a low immunity.

It brought on serious fever like shivering, very high temps and an infected leg which is hell to stand on.

I don't wish this on my worst enemy...let me tell ya!!

I had 5 days of hospitalisation with it plus now back at home, having to keep my leg up all the time....I reckon it'll be making life difficult for the next 2 weeks just in time to go back to work. :x

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
yakabot

Post by yakabot »

If you have sick pay owing, you can use your doc cert and use that and get your annual leave back. Doesn't help your pain but maybe gives you some annual leave back? To use again when you're not a germ infested time bomb?
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Yeah Yaka, I have enough sick leave for a few weeks so they will be spent, just gotta wait to see if I need any extension to my leave (4 weeks total) to see how much of it I can spend.
I always tell some of the folks not to spend all their sick leave every year coz you just don't know when something like this can knock you for a six.

Cheers mate

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

Davo wrote:The medical issue was Cellulitis which is a staphylococcal condition which is a virus that gets in under the skin.
This germ sits on your skin all the time, it just needs a way to seep in to a wound and so is very important to disinfect any injuries.
How this got into me, no idea, it could sit dormant for a long time till it detects a low immunity.
It brought on serious fever like shivering, very high temps and an infected leg which is hell to stand on.
I don't wish this on my worst enemy...let me tell ya!!

I had 5 days of hospitalization with it plus now back at home, having to keep my leg up all the time....
I reckon it'll be making life difficult for the next 2 weeks just in time to go back to work. :x

Davo

Dave
Hope you have you someone you trust to cook your steaks on the weber ???

Sadly Webers are rested till I get better....I know wifey won't touch them.....hmmm...she did buy a nice steak yesty....I might be well enough tomorrow to at least fire up Q320 :mrgreen:
An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

No good at all Davo, My father copped it so I'm always being ware of it. Any nic of skin gets a swab of betadine on my body. Dunno if it helps but ?
Hope you pull through fast
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Yeak Mick...don't wish this on anyone...it's pure evil :twisted:

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5