Hi From Punkin

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
punkin

Hi From Punkin

Post by punkin »

Hi people. No doubt some will recognise the handle as i recognise some of yours.
Seems people share the same group of interests and those who are drawn to good food are inevitably drawn to cooking their own, growing their own, butchering and also the same eventually with their drinks.

For those unfamiliar i'm from Tamworth NSW, run StillDragon distilling equipment supplies in Australia and my current interests are home butchery, chacuterie, sausage and salamis, dry cured meats, allgrain beer etc. And of course BBQ.

In the past i have been heavily into mycology, distillation, fishing and hunting etc.

At the moment i have a great cold smoker i use for jerky, smoked chicken, cabanossi, pepperoni and salami's etc, a nice stick burning offset Chargriller, a 4 burner hooded gas jobbie, a large stainless spit/charcoal grill, hot fish smoker, a 50l keg spit/grill that runs on charcoal, outdoor stove and my most used cooker is a little baby Jamie Oliver kettle that i picked up on special from Big W and use with charcoal about 3-4 times a week to cook for the two of us with stuff that ranges from split chickens to satay, burgers, koftas, chops etc

Happy to share any tips i have picked up from my experiences. I'd love to post some pics but the file size is set too low and i don't do the photobucket thing.
www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia, New Zealand or Asia.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Hi From Punkin

Post by Davo »

Hi & Welcome punkin,

Sorry I must've missed your greetings......

When you say you recognise some of the members names, have you been a member here before...maybe under a different handle?

Anyway, it's a bit quiet in here at the moment but I do hope you hang around and have a good read.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
punkin

Post by punkin »

Thanks Davo. No from other forums. I'm a member/mod on a few distilling forums and also a couple of brewing ones. Used to be into mycology too, we seem to all follow the same hobbies in providing for ourselves by growing, brewing, cooking and processing our own food.

Really enjoying the farm bred whole pigs i am getting at the moment and learning how to cut them up in different ways as well as process the meat into so many different products.

I'll have the offset stickburner running this Sunday with two home pumped and brined legs of ham, 4 racks of ribs of the same pig, a couple of fatties from guess where etc.
www.stilldragon.com.au for all your distilling needs in Australia, New Zealand or Asia.
food&fish

Post by food&fish »

punkin wrote:Thanks Davo. No from other forums. I'm a member/mod on a few distilling forums and also a couple of brewing ones. Used to be into mycology too, we seem to all follow the same hobbies in providing for ourselves by growing, brewing, cooking and processing our own food.

Really enjoying the farm bred whole pigs i am getting at the moment and learning how to cut them up in different ways as well as process the meat into so many different products.

I'll have the offset stickburner running this Sunday with two home pumped and brined legs of ham, 4 racks of ribs of the same pig, a couple of fatties from guess where etc.
Photos you know the rules photos or it dident happen :lol:
punkin

Post by punkin »

Sorry mate. i don't do photobucket, and there's no way to upload photos here. The problem with external hosting is you end up with a whole stack of posts with little red crosses instead of photos. Ruins the forums i reckon.

I may post a link to somewhere i have uploaded photos.
yakabot

Post by yakabot »

If pics are on your phone, you can use tapatalk.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

punkin wrote:Sorry mate. i don't do photobucket, and there's no way to upload photos here. The problem with external hosting is you end up with a whole stack of posts with little red crosses instead of photos. Ruins the forums i reckon.

I may post a link to somewhere i have uploaded photos.
Can I ask why you don't do Photobucket? I've found it a pretty good reliable system although I do agree having to use a 3rd party programme is a pain in the butt...there's always Flikr.....but as Yakabot has mentioned you can use tapatalk from your mobile.

I've asked the Forum owner Paulr to find a way to make it easier but this is a pretty old forum format and maybe nothing is suitable for it...I don't know as I'm not an IT person.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
punkin

Post by punkin »

I don't have an acoount because of the reason i posted. It ruins the forums.

https://www.stilldragon.org/discussion/ ... ment_43595 some pics of the prep for tody. I have to get the sausage equipment out for Irish pork snags so i may as well do some Kabanosi as well.