Red gum charcoal

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
peter yeoman

Red gum charcoal

Post by peter yeoman »

Back making charcoal..if anyone is after some redgum charcoal I will have about 70 pallets next week,, 10 kg bags and 15 kg bags .
Prices are $600 for the 10 kg bags(40 per pallet) and $630 for a pallet of 15 kg bags(28 per pallet) all this charcoal is screened and should have no fines below 25mm.
Cheers Pete Yeoman ,mobile 0417202220
titch

Re: Red gum charcoal

Post by titch »

If that's the same as years ago, that's very good Charcoal.
Delivery of a pallet of 15 kilo bags to Hampton Park?3976

Anyone interested have a read here.
http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... 497#p44497
Cheers
Titch
peter yeoman

Post by peter yeoman »

Will let you know early next week Titch, this charcoal is the same sort of redgum as before ,,I am helping another bloke out who owns the property at Oxley in nsw. He has about 90,000 acres of land full of redgum,he also supplies firewood (35,000 cubic meters a year )
I sold him most of my charcoal plant and am just involved in showing them my technique of charcoal making as well as the bagging of the product.
First pit is supposed to be bagged on Monday 9th,, just looking at the weather forecast for that day and it's saying 20-40mm coming so we may not start till later that week. (The joys of making charcoal)
KBBQ

Post by KBBQ »

I bought 5 20kg bags last year of Murrumbidgee river red gum, and am into the last bag now, and was very disappointed with it, most of all the chucks where very small, less than matchbox size how big are the chunks in this charcoal please?
AussieBBQSmoke

Post by AussieBBQSmoke »

G'day Fellas,

Since the Murrumbidgee River Red Gum Lump Charcoal was from us, I rang the Manufacturer last night and had a chat to him about the small stuff, he admitted that one of his batches last year from Kiln #5 was overcooked as he got distracted by his girlfriend's morning attentions, then slept in instead of getting up and closing the kiln down after his normal 24hr cook. This was coupled with a rough ride for 3.5 hrs to our Wandin East warehouse in his old Truck that has a very rigid long bouncy tray that can shatter charcoal. He remedied all that now as his girlfriend moved out, and he now delivers in a small truck and a long trailer with good suspension. The photo below was taken yesterday of his current load. Bear in mind there are always little bits that break off the Chunky bits.

We stand behind all of our Products, so return any partial bags that you are unhappy with and you can swap them over. Open up any selected bags and pick from our latest batch. We currently have 200 20kg bags, with more being bagged up and delivered in the next few days. Rain doesn't affect his above ground kilns as they can't flood and get muddy like the conventional charcoal Pits.
Image[/url][/url]
KBBQ

Post by KBBQ »

Ok thats a very fair answer and out come, If I can change over what I have and get whats pictured I will be very happy, and get some more at same time cheers and thanks
titch

Post by titch »

peter yeoman wrote:Will let you know early next week Titch, this charcoal is the same sort of redgum as before ,,I am helping another bloke out who owns the property at Oxley in nsw. He has about 90,000 acres of land full of redgum,he also supplies firewood (35,000 cubic meters a year )
I sold him most of my charcoal plant and am just involved in showing them my technique of charcoal making as well as the bagging of the product.
First pit is supposed to be bagged on Monday 9th,, just looking at the weather forecast for that day and it's saying 20-40mm coming so we may not start till later that week. (The joys of making charcoal)

Bump
Cheers
Titch
titch

Post by titch »

Any update peter?
Cheers
Titch
AussieBBQSmoke

Post by AussieBBQSmoke »

G'day Fellas,
Aussie BBQ Smoke has outgrown the Home Business Model and has now gone Commercial ! We have moved to a large new Factory in Frankston Gardens Drive Carrum Downs and have some great Cash Pickup Specials on all of our 4 Charcoal types. We are soon to release an Australian 1st, it will be our 5th Aussie Lump Charcoal Variety: YELLOW BOX CHARCOAL!
Smoldering Yellow Box Wood Chunks on charcoal is a great caramel type smoke marinade for Lamb, imagine how tasty the Charcoal itself will be when close grilling Lamb skewers, Souvlaki's, and Lamb Spits.

We are also looking into creating another World 1st as our 6th Pure BBQ Lump Charcoal Variety: Red Ironbark Charcoal...

CASH PICKUP is available from our huge new Carrum Downs Warehouse by appointment, sms Terry 0431 210 997.
Cash Pickup Specials: 5 Bags of any 20kg Lump Charcoal for $35ea or 10 Bags for $30ea.
http://store.aussiebbqsmoke.com/product ... roductTabs
mirz

Red gum charcoal

Post by mirz »

Any pickup location around campbellfield area?
AussieBBQSmoke

Post by AussieBBQSmoke »

G'day Mirz,
We are a small operation who have recently taken the commercial step in signing an expensive lease for a large Factory/Warehouse in Carrum Downs and only have one pickup address, sorry.
The trip could be made worthwhile if you bring a trailer and get 5 x 20kg bags at $35ea or 10 bags at $30ea and share it with mates... Tell them you paid $40ea and make some beer money!

BTW we now 'have overheads', as Shops always say, but are determined to stick to our Website Mission Statement and will not increase our prices.
AussieBBQSmoke Mission Statement:-
We sincerely strive to produce high quality pure Australian wood based BBQ smoking products for our customers, at a fair price, that all "Back Yard BBQ'ers" can afford. The BBQ chef gets much satisfaction, and feels great pride, in producing BBQ smoked meats, to the delight of their many friends who are constantly amazed at what exquisite flavours Australian woods can add to a meal. AussieBBQSmoke believe that we have some of the best BBQ Smoking Woods and Lump Charcoals available in the world, right here, where we live and BBQ, and we encourage Aussies to experiment and use Australian BBQ smoking products, INSTEAD of the more expensive imported kiln dried smoking items that lack the real flavours of our sun dried local smoking woods.
It’s time for Australians to BBQ with our own Aussie woods oi oi !