Weber Q control setting

Any general items, polls
Bob Hornby

Weber Q control setting

Post by Bob Hornby »

My Weber Q does not have any markings on the gas control knobs to indicate the roast setting. So my question is where should I set the knob to? Also do I have to have both the burners on?

Bob
wedwards

Weber Q control setting

Post by wedwards »

From memory you leave both burners on for first 20 mins. The roast setting is about 1 quarter of the way between low and high, but play around with it as I like to do some things a bit hotter. Download the user manual to verify as its chock full of pics and info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smokey

Re: Weber Q control setting

Post by Smokey »

Captain Cook talks of "Strokes down" , As in Three strokes down for this or that.
Search out his Weber Q Cookbook on the net.
However, Surely Low Med & High is evident?
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Tasmaniac65

Post by Tasmaniac65 »

mate buy a good temp gauge it will be the best thing you ever did for your cooking and you will soon wonder how you ever did without it
Something with an ambient and food probe believe me you will never look back.
The Maverick series are great
Coop
Mckimms

Post by Mckimms »

If i can remember correctly from roasts i've done, I put the outer ring on high and set up a trivet sitting on alfoil with some holes in it.

I put my meat on the trivet once the temp gets to about 200c. Turn the nob back to about halfway.

I like to cook my beef for about 3 hours at 160-170c (depending on the size). I probe it and take it off when I want.

But basic thing is to use indirect heat (just the outer ring)
Becoming a vegetarian is a big missed steak
-Weber Family Q
-Weber Kettle
Do they sell wedding rings for BBQ's?