Masterchef BBQ Challenge on Wednesday with Andy Groneman

Any general items, polls
Grill Pro Australia

Re: Masterchef BBQ Challenge on Wednesday with Andy Groneman

Post by Grill Pro Australia »

Commander Cody wrote:i hope the show does get people interested in pellet grills

and all the brands share the ride.

kevin

Its only logical Kev that it will increase the sales of the cheaper Pellet Cookers also.

Even though we spent the huge amount of time & money to make it happen & create awareness. ( which is what we have been doing ever since we started )

Nothing we can do about it, although it would be nice if other importers & retailers spent a little money on promotion instead of just riding on our coat tails.

Cheers, Dave
Grill Pro Australia
Importing Yoder Smokers, BBQr's Delight Pellets, Hammer Stahl Knives and American Rubs & Sauces into Australia
https://www.yodersmokers.net.au/
https://bbqrsdelight.net.au//
Instagram: @GRILL_PRO
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

yep OK............

but i hope you get the lion's share when it takes orf.

as you have said you have put in a lot of hard work, time and money

and walked fields of glass to promote alternative BBQ.

hope it proves to be well worth it.

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....
2browndogs

Post by 2browndogs »

Yep, well said Kev & Dave, Chris et al. The gas trolley bunnnings bbq is still by far the mainstream and it will be great to expose the general to other stuff.

On and up.
Golly

Post by Golly »

i kept that secret really well by totally forgetting :roll:
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!

TEAM WKC 1st chicken 4th beef 7th pork ribs 5th overall port macquarie march 2014
Grill Pro Australia

Thanks Guys, looking forward to tonight.

Cheers, Dave
Grill Pro Australia
Importing Yoder Smokers, BBQr's Delight Pellets, Hammer Stahl Knives and American Rubs & Sauces into Australia
skuzy

Post by skuzy »

thought i recognised those bbq's somewhere!

Congratulations on the final outcome and exposure Dave. Hope it pays off mate. Well done!
redman

Post by redman »

Watching it now. Great exposure. Able to start a conversation with the better half about potential future upgrades! :D
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Good exposure Dave, I just wish they had acknowledged the style of BBQs a bit more but Andy was great. It's no wonder I don't watch free to air TV though, so many ads and self promotion of their own TV channel drive me nuts.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Ripper! Great exposure for BBQ in Australia, this was probably a good introduction for many people.

Well done Dave, i was waiting to hear more about the bbqs themselves, but nice to see some proper bbqs like pellet poopers on mainstream TV.
Charcoal: 22.5" Weber OTP 2000 | Wood Oven: Al Forno Piemonte R8 | Portable: Weber GA 2006
Gasser: NG WeberQ 320 | Rotisserie: Gaganis custom dual spit | Smoker: 18.5" WSM 2004
Percel

Post by Percel »

Reckon there was enough promotion in that, plenty of the big YS all over my screen.

Good on y a Andi for getting involved, I'm sure you got sorted, but you showed the BBQ love.

Gee the red team ****** it up. [mod edit]
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

I'm not sure how much tuition or explaination the contestants got on this type of BBQ Cooker but it didn't seem to be much as most were next to clueless especially that chick who cremated the chicken....that was kinda of funny in a way and I did have a major chuckle :lol:

It's hard to fit all of that 6 plus hours into 1 hour of television when there's so much going on.....that taller woman in the blue team has done a few ribs before but was a bit unfamiliar with equipment but hers turned out the best despite a bit of a melt down due to time but ribs with that much meat on them can take up a lot of time to do right.

I've yet to see the quality of food in my local Coles that resembles the beautiful stock in the Master Chef pantry....I bet suppliers fell over themselves to get the ribs like that.

It will take a fair bit of time for Aussies to get accustomed to keep that lid down and trust the BBQ to do it's thing and as Andy says...if you're lookin', you're not cooking was the stand out phrase of the night.

I also noticed that whilst the logo of Yoder was shown a fair bit (and rightly so), the actual name of the brand was not mentioned which is good also for the other brands of pellet cookers.....I don't know if that was deliberate or not but it was good.

On the side though......the theatre of TV shows like Masterchef is quite amusing....did anyone happen to notice that woman that was always standing in the front row waiting for her tucker with the frumpiest frown that even out frumpied Susan Boyle or Fergie :lol: :lol: I wonder if they were all instructed to stand there with the "why isn't this food ready look" You'd know you're in trouble if you came home to a frumpy face like she displayed hahaha!!

The best team won on the night.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
kiwiman

Post by kiwiman »

I would have liked a little bit more explanation on how a pellet cooker works for the sake of the general public ,
There was the implication that they need topping up with pellets all the time where in reality if the hoppers had been filled right from the start then they would not have been needed to be touched for the rest of the show.
Stewart
Image]Royal Kamado, Weber Q100e, Multikai Cooker, U-Bute portable, Auspit Rotisserie with firedish, Char-Griller , Italian portable charcoal grill, Weber One Touch Platinum, Dragon Hibachi.Weber Jumbo Joe, GMG Daniel Boone on loan
Irish junee

Post by Irish junee »

G'day.

I enjoyed it. If only one person,decides to look at a BBQ. Other than a gas operated metal plate. Then it has been a success.

Cheers.
Irish Junee.
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Davo wrote:
I also noticed that whilst the logo of Yoder was shown a fair bit (and rightly so), the actual name of the brand was not mentioned which is good also for the other brands of pellet cookers.....I don't know if that was deliberate or not but it was good.
it's deliberate Davo. They did the same in the earlier series when each team used a Thermomix but they never mentioned the name of it. I can't remember exactly but they referred to it as the processing machine or something like that. To get a brand plugged on that show would cost an arm and a leg ! (hhmmmmm......where have I heard that phrase before ?) :)

I got a bit cheesed off when they said the fire had gone out and made a big deal of it rather than going directly to the problem of no pellets. For a moment it almost looked they were blaming the smoker. Same with the fire, which was another user error. It was manufactured drama for the sake of theatre and I just hope it didn't put some people off.
Grill Pro Australia

Thanks for the comments guys, here are some pics for those who didnt see it.

Cheers, Dave
Grill Pro Australia