Looftlighter back in bunnings

Any general items, polls
peteru

Re: Looftlighter back in bunnings

Post by peteru »

Charcoal is quick - 30 seconds to get it started, 60 seconds to have it flaming all over the place. Two minutes and you have an inferno.

Heatbeads (if you are willing to cook your food on that filth) are slower. Maybe 60 seconds to get them started and around two minutes to get them really going.

Post by Lovey »

I put a request in to Bunnings about Looftlighters and received a phone call from my local store yesterday arvo. He said he'd never heard of them and when I gave him the produce code he looked it up and said that it had been deleted from their product line :cry: :evil: :roll: :?
aussieant32

Post by aussieant32 »

just buy them from AussieBBQSmoke like I did, $40 plus about $15 or so delivery. Plus supporting a forum vendor as opposed to Bunnings

http://store.aussiebbqsmoke.com/product ... re-starter
Coolabah Gas Smoker, Weber One Touch, Dragon Kamado
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Post by Lovey »

The web site price doesn't include GST though, so the total is about $61 with $17 delivery. It's a pity I didn't get my act together and buy one when I bought the smoking chunks from there :oops: .
aussieant32

Post by aussieant32 »

Rather pay $60 and get one then not have one, best purchase I have made. Thinking of grabbing a 2nd as a backup.
Coolabah Gas Smoker, Weber One Touch, Dragon Kamado
sosman

Post by sosman »

My "fan button" is the compressor ;)

Tried the leaf blower direct in the clacker once - I'll never do that again.
AussieBBQSmoke

Post by AussieBBQSmoke »

G'day Fellas,
I found out that Bunnings was Clearing and Deleting the Looftlighter, for some unknown reason. The Store Managers that I spoke to couldn't believe it as they sell well, I'm guessing they are bringing out their own brand instead, but it could never match the original, the one I use to start my fireplace is at least 5 yrs old and still going strong! I managed to get a Pallet off them, just in time, but unfortunately our online store must now charge GST as we have grown to the point that we must now act as a tax collector for the Government. The store ad attributes 4kg weight by volume to the Looftlighter as it only just fits in a 5kg $17 Aust Post 'go anywhere ' Satchel, you can still fit 1 kg of Chips or Chunks in the same order for the 5kg Postage.
BTW a leaf blower works great for starting a bonfire, and for drying my Triumph Rocket Motorcycle or drying off the car, much easier than using a chamois.
AlexG

Post by AlexG »

For anyone in WA looking for the Looflighter, I went into Morley Bunnings today and bought two. They had about eight on the shelves on sale for $29. The Malaga store apparently has 19, but they're in 'top stock' which means they'd have to wait until after hours to get the forklift out to get them down.

I'd prefer not to buy from Bunnings, but at $29 I couldn't resist!

Cheers,
Alex
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Post by Lovey »

I ended up getting one, plus a few other goodies at the same time, from Terry at Aussie BBQ smoke. Top fella and top service too.
I learned a valuable lesson with it though, that being not to light the slow combustion fireplace with it. Although it started the fire quickly, it also spread ash equally quickly and I had smoke billowing out the door, much to the amusement of the kids :shock: :oops: :roll: .
AussieBBQSmoke

Post by AussieBBQSmoke »

Here is a cheaper Ebay option for the LOOFTLIGHTERs as no GST is applicable: $39.90 + 17 delivery to any Aussie Postcode.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LOOFTLIGHTER ... 35ebe7ad91
LooseSox

Post by LooseSox »

Picked up a Looftlighter at Bunnings Modbury this morning for $29. They have about 50ish left on a stack infront of the shelves of the bbq accessories section.
trentski

Looflighter on clearance in Hoppers Crossing

Post by trentski »

Hi all,

Was in a Hoppers Crossing hardware store today, the green one with the red hammer. They had a pallet of loof lighters going at $15 each.

Last time i asked about them at a an Altona store owned by the same crowd I was told they couldn't sell them anymore, so either the issues are fixed or people in Melbourne's West are expendable. :lol:
WarmBeer

Re: Looflighter on clearance in Hoppers Crossing

Post by WarmBeer »

trentski wrote:so either the issues are fixed or people in Melbourne's West are expendable. :lol:

I joke. I joke!
Dragon Kamado | Weber OTS | Hark (Aldi) Smoker | Rusty Gasser
AidenCRoss

Post by AidenCRoss »

Had to go to 3 Bunnies today to get one - it'd better be good!

Nada in Craigieburn, the guy said they'd been deleted ages ago and didn't seem to believe me when I said I saw someone got one a few days ago from another store..Later in the day the missus had some stuff to do at Highpoint so I tried the Bunnings there - no dice, but when they had them they were on super clearance to $8! The woman at the info desk was nice enough to ring up and check if they had any in the store nearest to there, Sunshine, and they had 45 or so earlier today. $15 there, which was nice as I was prepared for them to be $29.

Now.. just waiting for the Maverick to arrive :twisted:

ninjaedit: Everyone I spoke to said this was the last lot, that they wouldn't be getting any in til summer at least, so if you're tossing up whether to get one or not now's your chance to get 'em cheap.
Macca3275

Post by Macca3275 »

For anyone near Bunnings Mentone in vic they are in there for $15