Aus Post inefficiencies

Anything else NON- BBQ
Gumb

Aus Post inefficiencies

Post by Gumb »

No wonder Australia Post are going backwards. I ordered a hand held UHF radio from a guy in Dandenong and only live less than 20 klms away in Upper Ferntree Gully. They have a parcel processing depot in Dandenong but the tracking advice now says it's been processed in West Sunshine, 57 klms away on the opposite side of the city !!! You gotta be kidding me !
yakabot

Re: Aus Post inefficiencies

Post by yakabot »

That's how stuff works. At my workplace, everything we make goes to the distrubition centre in Mentone. If a full time employee orders a carton of powerade, they can't get it from the line or our warehouse, it all goes to mentone then comes back on another truck.
But I do get your point of how crazy it is.
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Things are looking up, it's back in Wantirna South now, having crossed back from the west and is scheduled for delivery today. There has to be a better way, surely.
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

If you've got a couple of hours, I can tell you about their Shopmate import service from the US....4 months to do what Fedex does in 4 days!

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
yakabot

Post by yakabot »

I've heard nothing good about shopmate. Was a good idea, that isn't.
urbangriller

Re:

Post by urbangriller »

yakabot wrote:I've heard nothing good about shopmate. Was a good idea, that isn't.
They have NFI!
Customs import duty....what's that?
Answer the phone when a customer rings....what's that?
Answer emails....why?
Keep all the packages in one shipment together.....why?
Tracking...why bother?

I could go on (and on) (and on).

Don't mention Shopmate if you see me down the pub with a few beers under my belt! :twisted:

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

:)

The real question Chris would be as an Aussie who has lived with the Aussie Post BS all your life, just how gullible were you to give THAT a try ? :)

I idly mentioned it to our local postmaster who is a career sufferer but knows I bring a lot of stuff in from the US, he just sighed and said "Forget it..."

I was in a PO queue a few years back and a guy behind me looked at all the merchandise and remarked could they just get their core business right ?

So true, but I will never criticise the counter staff, never really had a bad event - it's management that could use an enema.

It's a dying service, which is neither good nor bad really, don't be surprised if Uber don't introduce localish parcel deliveries soon :)

The world is beyond being in flux, the dinosaurs like Aus Post are in an Ice Age and grinding to a halt, the new wave have their own heat :)

However, we are in a state of accelerating change, what looks good this week may well be improved upon the next :)

Cheers
Mixin

Post by Mixin »

I had a reconditioned car part posted from Echuca (VIC) on a Tuesday - 1 box, 10kg.
He posted a part to a mate of mine in Melbourne the same day - my mate got the part on Thursday (2 days later).
The following Tuesday, I still hadn't got my car part. It turned up the next Thursday - 9 days later.

But here's the ironic part - on the Wednesday, I ordered 2 bags of pellets from Chris (~26kg box) they arrived the next day - Thursday.
It would have been quicker for the guy in Echuca to send the part to Chris' despatch point in Melbourne, and send it with my pellets order!
Weber Kettle Fanatic....
Main go-to: Blue 57cm OTG
Fire restriction option: Black 57cm M/T butchered with a Weber gas conversion.
GMG DC for the lazy smoky cooks.
Weeknight special: Q200
Problem? What problem?
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

There's no sense it it all. At least it's quicker than surface post from Hong Kong. 2.5 months for my last BBQ toy, a small hand held blower to help start the charcoal which cost me under $5 delivered.
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

Was that from date stamp on the parcel Gumb?

I typically get stuff from HK in four days or less.

Book Depository is the one that amazes me and I can only assume it is being in Perth with BA still operating direct from London - three days is pretty much the norm for delivery.

Cheers
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Dunno, it's in the bin. But the estimated time was 4-6 weeks according to the seller.
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

Some stuff you order on-line they go make it once you confirm the order :)

It actually was the case with computers back in the mini/mainframe era, I once ordered an HP 9000 and about 10 days later was in their manufacturing facility being told this would be my, well Mobil Oil actually, machine :)

I can't say I complained, they were sort of still inventing the thing so had the latest mods :)

Cheers
Jars

Post by Jars »

I once pre ordered a CD from JB HIFI. Was posted out on time. Arrived to me 8 months later. Couldn't believe it! But hey, atleast I got it.
Yoder YS480 || Weber OTS Premium || Weber Go Anywhere || Weber Jumbo Joe || Keg Spit || 'Golden Moth' UDS
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

ROFL!!!

Have had that happen - sort of a nice surprise - in an odd way :)

Cheers
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

We use yellow express post bags at work quite often. Let's just say I'm losing faith in them too.