Hello from Chatswood NSW

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Ranger77

Hello from Chatswood NSW

Post by Ranger77 »

Hi all,

I'm Wil and have been smoking briskets on a cheap gasmate for a few months. I took the next step and bought a GMG Jim Bowie this morning and have been reading up as much as I can in anticipation of receiving my new smoker.

Look forward to chatting with all of you on here,

Wil
aussieant32

Re: Hello from Chatswood NSW

Post by aussieant32 »

Welcome mate. I work in North Ryde not far from you!

Get some pics of the new girl up when she is ready!
Coolabah Gas Smoker, Weber One Touch, Dragon Kamado
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Hi Wil and welcome. Nice choice of cooker, you're going to love it.
Ranger77

Post by Ranger77 »

Thanks guys, I've heard the gasmate rubbished for a number of reasons (of which I agree with mostly) and it's produced some pretty good results with the briskets I make. I'm told that I'll yield better results with the Jim Bowie so I'm pretty excited.

Good to know there are some of you that aren't too far away.

Wil
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

I had a Daniel Boone on loan for about a year and loved it. The one accessory I'd get is some sort of riser rack. I used the extender from my kamado and sat that on the main grill to get the food higher up in the cooking chamber and away from the heat radiating off the cover plate just below the grill. You'll find a world of difference cooking with pellets, it's set and forget but still maintains the flavour of a wood fire.
Narmnaleg

Post by Narmnaleg »

Welcome aboard Wil. Great to have another Sydneysider among us. With the GMG, did you get the wifi version?
Ranger77

Post by Ranger77 »

Hi Narmnaleg,

Thanks for the warm welcome, yes I did get the wifi option. Seemed too good to pass up!

Wil
Narmnaleg

Post by Narmnaleg »

Ranger77 wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome, yes I did get the wifi option. Seemed too good to pass up!l

Excellent! I look forward to seeing some photos of it in action.