Mav ET 735

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
urbangriller

Re: Mav ET 735

Post by urbangriller »

Bentley wrote:Gotta do some reading and see if you can make it show all 4 probe temps at once. For those of you that have used it...can you make it show all 4 temps at once?

I don't think so Bentley....it can scroll through all 4.......it'd be nice if it ignored the unused slots...maybe next update!

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Hamish

Post by Hamish »

If you press the little house icon in the top right of the app, it lists all 4 probes
I 'Cue BBQ
Olsen Brand Charcoal Aficionado "hotter than a shower with your cousin"

Hark Tri Fire - 2011 Weber OTG - 1983 Weber OT (work in progress) - Cadac Charcoal Pro
Instagram: @icuebbq
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Hamish wrote:If you press the little house icon in the top right of the app, it lists all 4 probes
good stuff Hamish!

That works nicely!

Chris
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Hamish

Post by Hamish »

The top one mate
I 'Cue BBQ
Olsen Brand Charcoal Aficionado "hotter than a shower with your cousin"

Hark Tri Fire - 2011 Weber OTG - 1983 Weber OT (work in progress) - Cadac Charcoal Pro
Instagram: @icuebbq
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Thanks Buddy!
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Hogsy

Post by Hogsy »

A friend of mine in the states reckons the timer function crashes the app. Can anyone confirm this?
Also the probes are a lot thicker, can all 4 fit through the grommet on the pro q ?
Viva La Charcoal Revolution
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
Steaksy

Post by Steaksy »

Can anyone tell me how thick are the probes and will they fit thru the red grommets on the Pro Q Elite20?

Cheers
Steaksy
ProQ Excel Elite 20, Maverick ET-735, Dragon Hibachi, Gasser
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Steaksy wrote:Can anyone tell me how thick are the probes and will they fit thru the red grommets on the Pro Q Elite20?

Cheers
Steaksy
Yes 7.5mm for the straight probes, the curved replacement probes are thinner ................You need an 8mm hole.

Cheers
Chris
Steaksy

Post by Steaksy »

Thanks Chris, looks like the grommets on the Pro Q Elite 20 are around that 7mm-8mm mark roughly I've just ordered one from Urban Grillers now so I'll see when it gets here worst case scenario I'll run it thru the top air vent and down that way. Does Urban Grillers stock the curved probes as well out curiosity?

Cheers
Steaksy
Nath

Mav ET 735

Post by Nath »

Steaksy wrote:Thanks Chris, looks like the grommets on the Pro Q Elite 20 are around that 7mm-8mm mark roughly I've just ordered one from Urban Grillers now so I'll see when it gets here worst case scenario I'll run it thru the top air vent and down that way. Does Urban Grillers stock the curved probes as well out curiosity?

Cheers
Steaksy
Steaksy. Just for your information. Chris above is Urbangriller! So he should be able to answer your question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nath
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Nath wrote:
Steaksy wrote:Thanks Chris, looks like the grommets on the Pro Q Elite 20 are around that 7mm-8mm mark roughly I've just ordered one from Urban Grillers now so I'll see when it gets here worst case scenario I'll run it thru the top air vent and down that way. Does Urban Grillers stock the curved probes as well out curiosity?

Cheers
Steaksy
Steaksy. Just for your information. Chris above is Urbangriller! So he should be able to answer your question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, we do stock the curved 6ft waterproof as a spare or replacement probe, $30 ea.

Cheers
Chris
Steaksy

Post by Steaksy »

Cheers Chris my Mav ET 735 was delivered this morning that's some seriously good service mate ordered Tuesday delivered to Brisbane on Thursday, looking forward to putting it thru its paces over the weekend!

Cheers
Heath
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Had a first go with one of these over the weekend. Software was easy to install. Had issues though with Bluetooth connectivity. Tried two different android phones. All is well if the phone is kept in the one place post connecting. Moving, it looses signal quickly and displays the last temp and doesn't update.... Appeared to be significantly shorter range than previous wifi models. CS
Steaksy

Post by Steaksy »

Gave mine its first run on Saturday with a 10hr low n slow Pork Shoulder found it easy enough to set up and customize desired temps thru the IPhone App but as soon as I stepped away from the Smoker where the Controller Unit was I lost the Blue Tooth signal, I think it says up to 140ft for the signal range I wouldn't of been half that away from the Unit and in direct line of sight and still couldn't get connectivity. In saying that this was the only downside for me I love it I reckon its a great piece of kit and a welcomed addition to any bbq arsenal I was able to get a nice bark on my shoulder as I wasn't having to lift the lid to probe it all the time just set it and walk away. Looking forward to seeing how it performs with 4 probes connected to it or it might be I'm more excited about getting 4 different types of meats in the smoker at once just to try it haha

Steaksy