My first Brisket.

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
BeachedBro

My first Brisket.

Post by BeachedBro »

..... Well it's my second Brisket but my first with proper equipment and proper meatage.

So after a long spell around these parts and having mastered the old pork ribs, I thought I'd try my hand at some brisket on the old weber. Had some success in my mother in laws pizza oven over xmas using some old Tallowwood with a pretty pathetic looking hunk of brisket with 0 fat.

I've been frequenting Vics Meats at the fish markets almost every week to get my fix of Brisket as I work near by. Some of you may know they have a massive Yoder and some pretty handy peeps pumping out some good old fashioned American BBQ next door. Yesterday I dropped by and picked up about 2/3 of a Rangers Valley Angus packer. I also decided to take a visit next door as the boys were packing up to go home and they gave me a little Iron Bark for smoking!! Top notch - doing it Aussie Style. ;)

Would've loved more of a fat cap, but best I've found in Sydney so far so was pretty happy.

Got my rub on Texas style with some S&P then let her dome to room temp.

Got her on around 8:30 am, plugged in my temporary temperature probs (thanks to Tony at BBQs Plus) and away we went.

About 9 hours in I knew we weren't going to be eating anytime soon as I was just coming out of the stall so I decided to wrap her up to get her going. Poured in a little beef stock with hot water and she was at 203 f pretty soon.

Let her rest for halfa...... And can I say, thanks to you guys on here and all your great info.... I freaking nailed it!!!
Juicy, tender, smokey and delicious.

Gumb

Re: My first Brisket.

Post by Gumb »

Top stuff ! That looks sensational !
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

You did very well!
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

eXpeLL

My first Brisket.

Post by eXpeLL »

Mmmmmm yummo! Gotta try this myself one day. Awesome work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

That looks good alright!

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
wedwards

Post by wedwards »

awesome smoke ring!
BeachedBro

My first Brisket.

Post by BeachedBro »

Just had it for left overs for lunch on a Brioche Bun with some of my home made BBQ sauce and left over apple slaw. Yuuuummm.
Urban Pit Master

Post by Urban Pit Master »

That looks unreal mate!
What did a brisket like that cost you?
I'm from Perth but have to say Vics Meats was a brilliant find last time I was in Sydney - that brisket roll is sensational.
Instagram: #urban_pit_master
Twitter: @mackerelmatt
Big city food, cooked in the backyard. You can taste love in food...
BeachedBro

My first Brisket.

Post by BeachedBro »

Just over 70 buks. A whole packer is just over 100. They have Rangers Valley Angus for brisket though. Can also get Wagyu. Might try that next time around but smaller piece.