Recommend me a high quality brisket supplier in Sydney

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
marcn

Re: Recommend me a high quality brisket supplier in Sydney

Post by marcn »

marcn wrote:

I'll give N&S a ring tomorrow.
Ended up picking up some F1 Wagyu brisket, pork shoulder skin on, and some Greenstone Creek Beef Ribs from N&S. The meat looks fantastic, and they were so damn helpful over email, and when I went in to pick it up.

They also had some Yoder smokers outside which looked awesome.

Thank you for all your help.
edgy

Post by edgy »

marcn wrote:
marcn wrote:

I'll give N&S a ring tomorrow.
Ended up picking up some F1 Wagyu brisket, pork shoulder skin on, and some Greenstone Creek Beef Ribs from N&S. The meat looks fantastic, and they were so damn helpful over email, and when I went in to pick it up.

They also had some Yoder smokers outside which looked awesome.

Thank you for all your help.

They're a good bunch those N&S guys, looking forward to pics of your cook!

Those NZ ribs are insane... But I've been cutting them in half lately!

They're too damn long for me as they come... Strongly suggest trimming then up too, membranes off, silver skin and most fat (just leave a out a 1/4" layer)
Yoder Smokers - Competition BBQ team

Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member! "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." Frank Sinatra
marcn

Post by marcn »

Did a trial on those ribs. They are just pure spectacular. None of the 4 of us had ever tasted anything like them, and one of my mates has travelled o/s and tasted some pretty awesome ribs. He said they were like nothing he's ever tasted. 4 Adults, we could've easily done with 2 racks instead of the one, and cut out on the potatoes.

Anyhow, they took 12hours between 200-235f (quite long?!), pulled off once they hit 203f. Homemade glaze, and basic S&P rub. They were seriously mind blowing. At the end the temp probes just kept flopping because the meat had just turned into pure gelatinous goodness.

Trimmed them a fair bit as they were quite fatty. When I was done there was literally no fat on the top, the bottom membrane was also pretty thick but came off very easy.

ADP1805

Post by ADP1805 »

They look outstanding....YUM!!!!! :D
2nd Place Beef,10th in Lamb & 9th Pork Ribs 18th overall Barbecue Wars 2015 Port Macquarie.
It is not enough to have a good BBQ, the main thing is to use it well"

http://www.pelicanprogear.com
Black Iron Smokers & BBQ Face Book.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Great looking Ribs mate.

They are bigger & longer that the ones I get here in SA.

I'm glad the guys at Nicholson & Saville looked after you, I will pass on your feedback.

We need to do another cook at N+S , hey Edgy :D

Cheers, Dave
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge
Importing Louisiana Pellet Grills into Australia
http://www.louisiana-grills-australia.com.au/
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
marcn

Post by marcn »

They were so good I must buy a carton! Everyone I know must taste them!
edgy

Post by edgy »

marcn wrote:They were so good I must buy a carton! Everyone I know must taste them!
And now you know hey? :)

You nailed those ribs marcn, I'm hungry now.... Thats it! I'm going to get some to cook this weekend, straight off my 10 hour flight swing by N&S and cook me some ribs :lol:

And yes Dave, that would certainly be cool!
Yoder Smokers - Competition BBQ team

Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member! "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." Frank Sinatra
marcn

Post by marcn »

I'm surprised how long they took. I wasn't home to see how long they stalled. They were about 3.5-4kg but still if I had taken them off at 6-7hrs they would've been terrible.
matty

Post by matty »

BBQAroma wrote: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:27 pm Places to try ..........
- Meat emporium in Alexandria. They usually have vac sealed point end grain fed. But on few occasions I have missed out finding it there.
- Feather and Bone in Marrickville But expect to pay more for produce direct from the farm!
- Vic Meats in Mascot. They supply most of the restaurants and can supply Wagyu. I haven't bought from them but did find out they had Brisket but no deckle!
- Costco?? Many of my customers tell me they get USA ribs from there but not sure if Costco has Brisket... but they should right!

I'm still looking for the cheapest pre-packed Brisket in SYDNEY myself :)
It's been a while since this comment was posted back in 2014 and it's now 2020. I've just got myself a smoker (WSM 18') and found this list when I was searching for the best places to get meat in Sydney.

So I went over to Meat Emporium in Alexandria on Friday. It's still going strong. The staff were all really helpful and gave lots of advice. Some of them know their stuff. Not only do they have meat (lot's of it!) but they also have a lot of supplies for smoking; charcoal, wood, rubs, sauces etc. Special shout out to Mark who helped me with advice on charcoal and rubs for smoking my first Brisket on my new WSM 18’.

Interestingly, wifey mentioned to one of her colleagues at work that I was going Meat Emporium, and they recommended Vic Meats in Mascot. Clearly still open and worth checking out.

Joined the mailing list for both places. Will head back to Meat Emporium soon and check out Vic Meats at the same time.
musty

Post by musty »

If anyone is out Campbelltown way, Adam at Haydons Quality Meats is a great butcher and knows his stuff. Ask him for his best piece of brisket for your smoker and you will not be disappointed. He also has quality rump that he cuts up thin and evenly for great beef jerky if your into that sort of thing.

Musty