Pizza oven build

Mmmm Pizza (how to build and use)
sidz

Pizza oven build

Post by sidz »

Here is a link to the pizza oven I built a couple of years ago: http://www.p1zzaoven.blogspot.com.au/
gnol

Re: Pizza oven build

Post by gnol »

Great looking oven.
Good work. How long does it take to get up to high temps? Does it hold temp for a long time etc? Questions....
Post some more info about it plus pics of cook ups you have done please.
Gumb

Pizza oven build

Post by Gumb »

Awesome work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fleetz

Post by fleetz »

Great build....thanks for sharing.

Bet those pizzas taste fantastic!

Fleetz
Yoder YS640 on comp cart, Grill Grates for the YS640, Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5, CyberQ WiFi Controller, Maverick ET-732, Maverick ET-733, Thermapen, Weber Q 320, A-MAZ-N 6" and 12" tubes
Bear

Post by Bear »

Great stuff sidz, very tidy outdoor area. Me likey!
Charcoal: 22.5" Weber OTP 2000 | Wood Oven: Al Forno Piemonte R8 | Portable: Weber GA 2006
Gasser: NG WeberQ 320 | Rotisserie: Gaganis custom dual spit | Smoker: 18.5" WSM 2004
sidz

Post by sidz »

Hi, sorry about the late reply - I forgot i made this thread. I have moved house since building the oven, I got a good year and a bit use out of it though. It took about 1 1/2 hours to get to max temp (about 450-500 degree) and would hold heat between 200-300 for a long time. The bad part was I only ever made pizza & bread in it, it took me a good 6 months to get the oven sussed out but once I did it was great. Pizzas were ready in about 2 minutes (when using a tray) once the heat dropped a tad I would go straight on the floor. This cost about $800 to make, all bricks were 2nd hand from a brick yard that was shutting down. Next time I will make a smaller one, this thing was huge.