rubs

Please post any food related suppliers in this section.
the dane

rubs

Post by the dane »

why are rubs so expensive? I know its easy to make your own & dirt cheap, but its good to try new lines! usa bbq videos show people with heaps of jars and containers of rubs! must be costing them a $$ $fortune $$! or are they only expensive in australia

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
urbangriller

Re: rubs

Post by urbangriller »

That'd be the cost of importing (and our regulations!). :cry:

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
kendoll

Post by kendoll »

the dane wrote:why are rubs so expensive? I know its easy to make your own & dirt cheap, but its good to try new lines! usa bbq videos show people with heaps of jars and containers of rubs! must be costing them a $$ $fortune $$! or are they only expensive in australia

Like this? :mrgreen:

Do you have any mates in the US? Get them to send some over.

Ken
Ken
talisker63

Post by talisker63 »

Ken did you get all of that out just for the picture!

Where do you keep it all?
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

The place to go and get cheap spice to make rubs is an Asian grosser.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
kendoll

Re:

Post by kendoll »

talisker63 wrote:Ken did you get all of that out just for the picture!

Where do you keep it all?
:) I actually did it a couple of weeks ago for another reason but had it handy in my flickr account. :)

I keep them tightly crammed in a couple of cupboards I have claimed in the kitchen, and wherever they can fit in the fridge. :)

Ken
Ken
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

kendoll wrote:
the dane wrote:why are rubs so expensive? I know its easy to make your own & dirt cheap, but its good to try new lines! usa bbq videos show people with heaps of jars and containers of rubs! must be costing them a $$ $fortune $$! or are they only expensive in australia

Like this? :mrgreen:

Do you have any mates in the US? Get them to send some over.

Ken
Good one Ken. Yep if you have mates in the US that's definitely the way to go if you like a particular branded rub. Ordering direct is another option. Sure the postage can be steep but many receiving International orders from down here recognize that.... and usually throw in an additional something to say thank you to promote your return business. Customs just take a little longer to clear. The Smokey Mick route though with locally available ingredients from who ever is the cheapest and most rewarding IMO. CS