First webber and loving it

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
roosterman

Post by roosterman »

Hi guys,
Many years ive just used gassers and recently got the big bbq bug again , thx joe all yr fault. Lol.
Kept an eye on the usual onlines and spotted a dead set bargain, gumtree 57cm standard weber used once . Well pics just able to see what looked like a black ash catcher pan under. Wtf, used once bit skepticle especially the price.. Luckily only 2min on add so txt away not expecting much. Long story short. Ive arranged to pick it up after work and yep, was a gift they didnt like messing sround with charcoal etc and been sitting for couple yrs wasting space. Yeh yeh sacrillage .. Lol. I ended up with brand new otg with heavy duty cover. I asked about book and out they trott with book and "i think this goes with it as it says weber on box" ahem ahhh yeh ummmm i think so, ok ill take it also. Nearly choking and swallowing my tongue i wheel the practically newkettle to my car with a brand never opened roti balanced on top. Am i glad i checked gumtree that day, shit yeh. He aparently got heaps of calls etc and im soooo glad i didnt get gazumped this time.
Heres couple pics.
First cook for kids was rushed snags as me and mrs were off to party that night. Kids were not fan of hard outside of snag but they were nice.
Have done a few cooks since and my roti chook is a massive hit but my veg is very up and down but may need one of the veg baskets instead of pan.
Only downside of all this is why didnt i get one of these yrs ago ;(. Making up for lost time now though :)
Cheers...steve...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roosterman

Post by roosterman »

Forgot one of the roti.

bbqmad

Re: First webber and loving it

Post by bbqmad »

Fantastic find Steve

espeacialy with the Rottis!.....have fun :)

Glen
If we weren't supposed to eat animals then why do they taste so good
Weber Platinum
Weber Kettle 22.5"
Bar-b-chef Texas Smoker
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain
Nath

Post by Nath »

roosterman wrote:Forgot one of the roti.

Boom! What did you pay? Looks like an awsome deal!!

Nath
Nath