Neighbourhood charcoal smoke off

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
Yorto

Neighbourhood charcoal smoke off

Post by Yorto »

Shayneh2006, I think we smoked our neighbour out tonight... Oops

I just got the little rotisserie from Aldi and put a small leg of lamb as well as some pork rashers on the grill. Whilst this was going had the Weber going with my usual weekly charcoal Chicken smoked :-)

The question is... What were you cooking haha.

beachbums

Re: Neighbourhood charcoal smoke off

Post by beachbums »

Love that rack with drummies on it!

Cheers, Wayne
Bill44

Post by Bill44 »

Total fire ban on Saturday Yorto.
Bill
Cast Iron Hibachi
Jackeroo Mini Spit
18 1/2" kettle
57cm Kettle
6 Burner Gasser sausage sizzler only.
Boppa28

Post by Boppa28 »

And there's Captain Funstopper...
ghent

Post by ghent »

Funstopper or not, a fire ban is a fire ban and I think that should be respected. Pretty average comment.
2011 Webber kettle
Gasmate 4 burner hooded gasser
Gasmate Charcoal smoker
Terracotta chimnea
ghent

Post by ghent »

Funstopper or not, a fire ban is a fire ban and I think that should be respected. Pretty average comment.
2011 Webber kettle
Gasmate 4 burner hooded gasser
Gasmate Charcoal smoker
Terracotta chimnea
Boppa28

Post by Boppa28 »

Yeah, I suppose mate. I just get annoyed with the nanny state crap we have to put up with...

Obviously starting a bonfire on a hot and windy day is pure stupidity, but someone living in suburbia firing up a few heat beads and cooking a meal isn't really a threat to society.

It's a bit like the new life jacket rules these idiots have brought in. If your boat is less than 4.8 metres you can't go out on a quiet calm lake alone without wearing a life jacket. But you can paddle a surfboard 5kms offshore in 5 metre swells without one - which is more likely to get you in a life threatening situation ?

I think common sense should be applied in a lot of situations where dumb rules currently exist...
Bill44

Post by Bill44 »

Well Boppa28 it's obvious you've never laid your life on the line fighting a fire started by some dickhead who thought he was above the rules, let's see how you feel when it's your house that's just about to burn.

We have the nanny state we have because of dickhead attitudes.
Bill
Cast Iron Hibachi
Jackeroo Mini Spit
18 1/2" kettle
57cm Kettle
6 Burner Gasser sausage sizzler only.
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Boppa28 wrote:Yeah, I suppose mate. I just get annoyed with the nanny state crap we have to put up with...

Obviously starting a bonfire on a hot and windy day is pure stupidity, but someone living in suburbia firing up a few heat beads and cooking a meal isn't really a threat to society.

It's a bit like the new life jacket rules these idiots have brought in. If your boat is less than 4.8 metres you can't go out on a quiet calm lake alone without wearing a life jacket. But you can paddle a surfboard 5kms offshore in 5 metre swells without one - which is more likely to get you in a life threatening situation ?

I think common sense should be applied in a lot of situations where dumb rules currently exist...
Ttypical comments. - Just like someone trying to justify driving over the speed limit or using a mobile phone while driving.

Total fire ban is exactly what it says, how can you teach kids to be responsible and respect the law if your don't.

Captain
yakabot

Post by yakabot »

I can see both points of the argument and its sad that there needs to be a blanket ban when its a total fire ban day but that's probably because some peoples ideas of "It'll be fine", probably isn't. At the same time, I did 63 kmh in a 60 zone once and nobody died. But there is a line in the sand for speed limits and safe or not days for fires. Nanny state or not, we just have to live with it.
As mentioned, its law and its not really open for argument. (Be great if it was, as sometimes laws can be wrong)
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Well said Yakabot, For NSW residents stick this link into favourates.
It will tell you if your area has a fire ban or not

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/dsp_TOBAN_HTML.cfm
If it saves a heafty fine and your BBQ , Meat and all being forcably extinguished by "Fire man October" ? Can only be a good thing :P
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
titch

Post by titch »

If you need to BBQ on a day of Total fire ban you can go to your local station and apply for a permit.
Go with a fire plan and reason, have yet to hear of anyone being knocked back.
Cheers
Cheers
Titch
Jocool

Post by Jocool »

And here is another reason I don't enjoy my time on this forum as much as I would like to! You're like a bunch of kids throwing names around and flexing your chests.

Sent from another planet using Mental Telepathy.
Wingman

Post by Wingman »

Nicely done mate! That leg of lamb looked amazing.
Rob
Owner
SmokingPit.com
"Smoke it... and they will come!"
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Jocool wrote:And here is another reason I don't enjoy my time on this forum as much as I would like to! You're like a bunch of kids throwing names around and flexing your chests.

Sent from another planet using Mental Telepathy.
How so? As far as fire bands I can understand warnings from others . They ignore if they want.
As far as pushing morals around? I agree with you.
Its forum land and if you say something and meaning it light harted or to set up further convo, There is always some bloke on the hi moral ground totaly missreading and pointing fingers.
I dont think that happend in this case imo
Last edited by Smokey on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au