Bacon wrapped cheese kransky question

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
Hammer

Bacon wrapped cheese kransky question

Post by Hammer »

Hi all,

I plan to cook some bacon wrapped cheese kransky's over charcoal in a Weber for a work lunch. They will be served in a roll with cooked onion, cheese and condiments.

The kransky's will be cooked slowly (indirect heat) and then moved over the heat for some colour. The question I have is on the cooking process. Should I either:

1. Cook the kransky's, pull them off the grill, wrap in bacon and put back on the grill to cook the bacon through?

OR

2. wrap the kransky's with the bacon and cook all in one go on the grill.

For simplicity I like option 2 and I can easily prep it ahead of time at home. What are your thoughts?

thanks in advance!
Jars

Re: Bacon wrapped cheese kransky question

Post by Jars »

Hammer wrote:Hi all,

I plan to cook some bacon wrapped cheese kransky's over charcoal in a Weber for a work lunch. They will be served in a roll with cooked onion, cheese and condiments.

The kransky's will be cooked slowly (indirect heat) and then moved over the heat for some colour. The question I have is on the cooking process. Should I either:

1. Cook the kransky's, pull them off the grill, wrap in bacon and put back on the grill to cook the bacon through?

OR

2. wrap the kransky's with the bacon and cook all in one go on the grill.

For simplicity I like option 2 and I can easily prep it ahead of time at home. What are your thoughts?

thanks in advance!
Yep, I'd go with option too. Less stuffing about, and get people fed quicker!
Yoder YS480 || Weber OTS Premium || Weber Go Anywhere || Weber Jumbo Joe || Keg Spit || 'Golden Moth' UDS
Steaksy

Post by Steaksy »

Most of the kranskys I buy have already been smoked/cured/processed in some way so option two would be my go to as you're really only needing to crisp up your bacon.

Steaksy
ProQ Excel Elite 20, Maverick ET-735, Dragon Hibachi, Gasser
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

cheers guys - confirms my thinking.

I was going to get the Kransky's from Barossa Fine foods - tasty as!