Spare Ribs using a Johnny Trigg type foiling technique.

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
Wingman

Spare Ribs using a Johnny Trigg type foiling technique.

Post by Wingman »

This is an older cook of mine but a damn good one. It's based of of research I have done on trying to imulate Johnny Triggs rib method he used. I have ran across a few articles and posts out on the internet that stated this was Johnny Trigg’s recipe. Well at least what occurs at foiling time. One guy actually used to have the screen captured from the different episodes when a camera was watching him and you can see what he is using during the foiling process. It's close to what the Lottabull team demonstrated on a web stream. What is different is he uses tiger sauce. The same sauce I use in one of my wing recipes. No one seems to know what rub he uses or finishing BBQ sauce. So this recipe isn't exact but it's a darn good one. For what its worth the ribs had awesome flavor. I have made these ribs many times since this forst batch. I switched rubs to using the Mad Hunky General Purpose or No Salt General Purpose rub. The key is what occurs during the foiling.

My Recipe Details

Ingredients
2 Racks of Pork Spareribs
Mad Hunky General Purpose Rub
Apple Juice
Garlic Powder
1 bottle Squeeze Margarine (Parkay)
12 oz. Honey
Brown Sugar
3 oz. Tiger Sauce (3/4 of 5 oz. bottle)
Your Favorite BBQ Sauce

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rob
Owner
SmokingPit.com
"Smoke it... and they will come!"
beachbums

Re: Spare Ribs using a Johnny Trigg type foiling technique.

Post by beachbums »

Nice ribs Rob, Does the Butter/Honey/Sugar mix set hard like in a toffee sort of way or stay soft and sticky? Suppose it depends on how cool you let them get? Either way I'm up for trying it.
Oh, and is Tiger Sauce a type of Chillie or Tabasco thing?

Cheers, Wayne
Wingman

Re: Spare Ribs using a Johnny Trigg type foiling technique.

Post by Wingman »

beachbums wrote:Nice ribs Rob, Does the Butter/Honey/Sugar mix set hard like in a toffee sort of way or stay soft and sticky? Suppose it depends on how cool you let them get? Either way I'm up for trying it.
Oh, and is Tiger Sauce a type of Chillie or Tabasco thing?

Cheers, Wayne

Wayne, it actually turns into a BBQ sauce or glaze.
Rob
Owner
SmokingPit.com
"Smoke it... and they will come!"