Lamb ribs

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
Sjcampbell

Lamb ribs

Post by Sjcampbell »

After an enforced break from bbqing (not too many bbqs in hospital) I'm ready to get back in to it.
I just picked up a whole lamb and I now have two sets of ribs, along with lots of yummy other
bits.

Looking at them they appear to be a thinner version of pork ribs. So is it appropriate to "low and slow" them, and what time/temp do you guys reckon.
Cheers
Steve

Jackaroo 6 burner gasser, Dragon Kamado,
QMaster Junior and Maverick 735
Jamosgrill

Lamb ribs

Post by Jamosgrill »

Absolutely it is appropriate and delicious. I cook mine on my q300 with an amaze n smoker tray for 2 hours at 120 then foil for an hour. Then take them out of foil and glaze for another hour.

Make sure you trim off any excess fat that won't render down and remove the membrane from the inside of the ribs.

Enjoy

Some pics below

Angryman65

Re: Lamb ribs

Post by Angryman65 »

I've done an asian style rib on plenty of occasions and they come out very nice.

http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... =8&t=12791

Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter.
Tasmaniac65

Post by Tasmaniac65 »

Jamosgrill wrote:Absolutely it is appropriate and delicious. I cook mine on my q300 with an amaze n smoker tray for 2 hours at 120 then foil for an hour. Then take them out of foil and glaze for another hour.

Make sure you trim off any excess fat that won't render down and remove the membrane from the inside of the ribs.

Enjoy

Some pics below

They look great mate well done good Lamb ribs are a real favourite here with the family.
I have found a short cut that also gives great results I marinade them for a while in typical lamb stuff Rosemary, Garlic, Lemon etc anything from an hour to all day, then wrap in double foil in bunches of cut or whole singles indirect at 110-120c for 2-2 1/2 hrs remove drain and keep as stock if wish.
Separate apply favourite glaze back in on rack at 180-200c for 15 min or so until nice easy
Coop
Sjcampbell

Post by Sjcampbell »

Excellent replies! To be done tomorrow
Cheers
Steve

Jackaroo 6 burner gasser, Dragon Kamado,
QMaster Junior and Maverick 735