5kg Piglet

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
Nath

5kg Piglet

Post by Nath »

https://vimeo.com/142048983
Above got the blowtorch out to crisp up a bit of the skin.

It took a little longer than expected, therefore a few more beers than expected, and a few less photos.
I was bloody tasty. Covered my table in foil, later the beast down and we all hacked at it like vultures.

Served with Phillipino rolls, slaw, kimchi, picked zucchini, dill pickles, picked watermelon rind.

Hands only

Nath
Nath
burb

Re: 5kg Piglet

Post by burb »

What a feast! Hope your mates appreciated the spread you put on, as well as the matched sides. Did the blowtorch sort the skin out?
Muppet

5kg Piglet

Post by Muppet »

Very nice!
WOW :)
Baby steps...
Current Weaponry - Saffire Kamado, Treager Junior, Outdoorchef 57, Performer 46, 'Fooseball' Grill, Hibachi
Nath

5kg Piglet

Post by Nath »

Definitely was appreciated by all. They came around earlier on in the day and watch the pig spinning with me :)
I think a lamb is next.

Nath
Nath
Hogsy

Re: 5kg Piglet

Post by Hogsy »

Awesome job Nath!
When we did our last pig the boys demolished it in no time
Lamb is a great option . We paid $200 for a 15kg pig and $140 for a 18kg lamb. I couldnt understand why the lamb was cheaper but my butcher told me it was because there's more demand for smaller pigs
The lamb was better, no head so there was more meat to go round
Viva La Charcoal Revolution
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
Bear

Post by Bear »

Awesomeness Nath.
Charcoal: 22.5" Weber OTP 2000 | Wood Oven: Al Forno Piemonte R8 | Portable: Weber GA 2006
Gasser: NG WeberQ 320 | Rotisserie: Gaganis custom dual spit | Smoker: 18.5" WSM 2004
Bear

5kg Piglet

Post by Bear »

Hogsy wrote:Awesome job Nath!
When we did our last pig the boys demolished it in no time
Lamb is a great option . We paid $200 for a 15kg pig and $140 for a 18kg lamb. I couldnt understand why the lamb was cheaper but my butcher told me it was because there's more demand for smaller pigs
The lamb was better, no head so there was more meat to go round
Agreed, lamb is better value than pork at that size, less wastage, some say tastes better too
Charcoal: 22.5" Weber OTP 2000 | Wood Oven: Al Forno Piemonte R8 | Portable: Weber GA 2006
Gasser: NG WeberQ 320 | Rotisserie: Gaganis custom dual spit | Smoker: 18.5" WSM 2004
Nath

5kg Piglet

Post by Nath »

Cheers fellas. Yep lamb is next I think. I was lucky enough to get this little pig from a cousins farm, so it didn't cost me a whole lot. Don't think he has any lambs out there at the moment. Anyway that's satisfied my whole animal needs for a little while.

Nath
Nath