Pulled Lamb

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
pepe

Pulled Lamb

Post by pepe »

This is my second cook on my new Booney from Urban Griller

Got the temp to 107 c and cooked the shoulder for 9 hrs, reduced the Booney to 90 c and held it for an hour, then wrapped in foil as I increased to 160 c to finish the pumpkin which I scored, then rubbed salt, cumin and olive oil in. I smoked it for 2 hrs at 107 then wrapped it and spritzed it with the meat combo of worcestershire & apple cider vinegar.

Placed lemon, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, wine in a pan then placed the meat, which was liberally dusted with toasted, ground dalmation rub, thanks Chris from Urban Griller. Covered and left overnight in the fridge.

Puffing away gracefully

plenty of smoke from the Booney

Plate up with pickled veg and coleslaw

I took the meat out of the pan after 4 hrs and pressed and strained the juices into a saucepan, then continued cooking the lamb on the grates. After the juices cooled I scooped off the fat and reduce by half, then added to the pulled lamb. Delish.

I absolutely love this grill, all programmed from my IPhone

I'm gonna need some more pellets Chris, my new toy is getting a fair workout mate :D
Bentley

Re: Pulled Lamb

Post by Bentley »

Was just going to ask before I scrolled through this thread, what goes on a pulled lamb sandwich...I got my answer. Does BBQ sauce go with pulled lamb, or is it to overpowering?

Did you add that handle to the GMG? I am I that out of the loop on what the new models are like...
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

pepe

Post by pepe »

Bentley wrote:Was just going to ask before I scrolled through this thread, what goes on a pulled lamb sandwich...I got my answer. Does BBQ sauce go with pulled lamb, or is it to overpowering?

Did you add that handle to the GMG? I am I that out of the loop on what the new models are like...
The handle was out of the box Bentley, and the drip tray consists of 2 stainless plates with holes in them which can slide to allow more direct heat through, although I have covered with foil

As for the side veg, I prefer a pickled condiment as it cuts trough the beautiful rendered fats the low and slow cuts like lamb and pork produce. I spritzed with a mix of half a cup of apple cider vinegar with 2 tbls of Worcestershire sauce, then mixed what was left at the end with the pan juices to roll the pulled meat through.

It obviously comes down to personal taste, but this combo works really well for me, the roasted peppers and Giardiniera mix compliment the lamb. I do however love a BBQ sauce on ribs, chops, steak etc.

Give it a whirl and see if it is your thing
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Bentley wrote:Was just going to ask before I scrolled through this thread, what goes on a pulled lamb sandwich...I got my answer. Does BBQ sauce go with pulled lamb, or is it to overpowering?

Yep, that's the new model, high gain antenna, Direct flame stainless drip trays and Stainless steel fat bucket (and the handle).

for Lamb, yes, something that cuts the fat...mint sauce or mint jelly for me!

Cheers
Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
steinyboys

Post by steinyboys »

Greek yogurt mixed with garlic on lamb or the gravy from the pan both yumo
Weber Kettle 57cm, Weber Smokey Joe, Hark Gas smoker,ProQ Excel Elite 20