Rangers Valley Tri Tip

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
BeachedBro

Rangers Valley Tri Tip

Post by BeachedBro »

So got 1.1kg of 200 day grain fed Rangers Valley Tri Tip to cook tomorrow night.

Has anyone ever cooked this cut? Was highly reconvened by the butcher. Lots of nice fatty marbling.

Was thinking cutting into 280gm pieces and reverse sear or just reverse sear the whole 1.1kg piece and slice.

What does everyone reckon?

Thanks
BeachedBro

Rangers Valley Tri Tip

Post by BeachedBro »

Is this in wrong section? Mods please move if so. Thanks
Gumb

Re: Rangers Valley Tri Tip

Post by Gumb »

BeachedBro wrote:Is this in wrong section? Mods please move if so. Thanks
Yep, it's now moved. :wink:
Bentley

Re: Rangers Valley Tri Tip

Post by Bentley »

I like to think I am a Tri Tip expert, as it hails from the Central Coast part of California, Santa Maria , not far from where I grew up! We always grilled it, a high heat sear and then cooked till desired IT was reached, about 130°F with a 10 minute rest. I am not a fan of reverse sear, as it leaves the exterior of the meat in a fashion I don't care for. But if you have used that and enjoy it, it will probably work very well. We never worried about smoke flavor in it as we always enjoyed the Char that was imparted by the grilling!

There are a few that do it low n slow and swear by it, but to me that defeats the purpose of the cut! Hope you enjoy it, 200 days of corn feed should make the flavor excellent!
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!