What roast on a Weber Family Q 3200?

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
ernisj

What roast on a Weber Family Q 3200?

Post by ernisj »

Hi,

I'm still experimenting with my new Weber Q 3200 (first Weber ever, love it!) and want to do something different for upcoming party of ~10 people. Usually we do chicken thighs and steaks, but want to do a roast for a change to be less predictable :)

Most of recipes in pork section of the forum are about some pulled pork (had to google what it means :), I think it's way over my head for now and not ready to roast it for 12 hours. I'm thinking either pork loin or shoulder, not sure which part tastes better/is easier to roast? Also, how many kg of meat for 10 people? Around 4-5?

I also want to do a test run this weekend just for our small family of 3 to see what's possible, so thinking of getting perhaps 1.5-2 kg cut to experiment.

Any advice and/or recipes are welcome.
YankQ

Re: What roast on a Weber Family Q 3200?

Post by YankQ »

Check out this thread:

http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... 14&t=14201

It discusses the cooking of a skin on pork shoulder, called a crackling roast. It would make an impressive presentation and would be an easy cook with the Q3200. With pork shoulder, plan just a bit more than 1/2 pound per person. There's the bone, some shrinkage and you would rather have left-overs than an empty platter.
Jeff
Medium BGE, Large BGE, 22.5" Weber Kettle and brand new Q3200