Pork Scotch - Bacon/ham

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
Smokey

Re: Pork Scotch - Bacon/ham

Post by Smokey »

Nice work there Gnol, When you get down the the last couple inches you can turn it cut side down and bake yourself a nice honey glazed ham. Yum :)
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
gnol

Post by gnol »

Smokey wrote:Nice work there Gnol, When you get down the the last couple inches you can turn it cut side down and bake yourself a nice honey glazed ham. Yum :)

But..but.. that is how thick my bacon slices are. Maybe the last 5 inches?
gnol

Post by gnol »

Here you go Golly.

I do really like the versatility of this cut and will probably keep making it like this.

Gumb

Post by Gumb »

gnol, is that being cooked on the fry pan indoors ? I thought you'd have the BBQ plate on that Weber Q by now ! :)
gnol

Post by gnol »

Gumb wrote:gnol, is that being cooked on the fry pan indoors ? I thought you'd have the BBQ plate on that Weber Q by now ! :)

Yes. Frypan indoors. That plate I got with the Weber Q is a bit smallish. Ok for emergencies. I don't think that is the proper Weber half plate for the Q. I may try the teflon sheets in future.

Plus I do like to fry in Olive oil as I enjoy the taste of it. Gets sent over from the old country twice a year or so.

Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Fair enough, I'll let you off with a warning :D
gussigan

Post by gussigan »

that looks awesome, gnol! I think I might have to give one of those a crack

with the brined scotches you can also take them up to pulled pork temperature to make what I called 'pulled bacon' - also quite good!
GarthFader

Post by GarthFader »

Yeah, those look the business! I'm going to have to give this a try for sandwich ham when the wife is no longer pregnant!

If you're looking for a more traditional bacon without the fat of the belly (to appease the kids), rolled loin roasts work really well, about the same money /kg too as the scotch roasts.
gussigan

Post by gussigan »

do it while Anna is pregnant - more ham for you!!
GarthFader

Post by GarthFader »

I can't, ham is the one thing... out of all the things she's not allowed (booze, soft cheese, runny eggs, salami etc) that she's told me I can't have because she craves it so much.

Luckily she's indifferent to the booze... 9 months without beer is a terrible thought.