WA - Side Door BBQ Perth

Anything else NON- BBQ
Nath

WA - Side Door BBQ Perth

Post by Nath »

A new "BBQ" joint opening up in Mt Lawley Perth.

Side Door BBQ.

I discovered them on instagram, from what they have been presenting on insta, it seems like it was going to be very legit bbq.
They have told me they are using Smo-king cookers. I cant find a whole lot of information on these, but it seems they are electric smokers?
Little disspointed i was hoping they would be using "proper" pits, like offsets or pellet cooker.

Maybe the smo-kings run on pellets?
Nath
Gumb

Re: Side Door BBQ Perth

Post by Gumb »

Not wanting to hijack this thread Nath but maybe we should have a new section just for a list of BBQ joints. It could be broken up by state too ?
Nath

Post by Nath »

Hey Gumb,

Yep probably a good idea? i thought there was one floating around somewhere but couldn't find it.
You can move/consolidate this one as necessary
Nath
beachbums

Post by beachbums »

Sounds like a good place for a gathering. Lets get a team together and wander along for a nibble and some natter.

Cheers, Wayne and Jan
Nath

Post by Nath »

beachbums wrote:Sounds like a good place for a gathering. Lets get a team together and wander along for a nibble and some natter.

Cheers, Wayne and Jan
Sounds good to me, whats your thoughts on the Smo-king cookers Wayne?

Would you consider that to be Legit American BBQ
Nath
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Nath wrote:
beachbums wrote:Sounds like a good place for a gathering. Lets get a team together and wander along for a nibble and some natter.

Cheers, Wayne and Jan

Smo-King brand cookers are digital controlled pellet ovens, they are also the Cookshack importer for Aus.

So, Yes, that's likely to give them "Legit" US BBQ....the rest depends on their technique.

Northbridge....just a walk from the Anzac Day BBQ Comp....could be the way to kick it orf? Before cooking starts!....mind you, Old Faithful are also in the city.

Cheers
Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
SilentBoB

Post by SilentBoB »

Was driving down Beaufort Street last night on my way to the Noodle night market (which was pretty disappointing btw) and picked up the smell of smoke and immediately thought of this place. The smoke was probably coming from somewhere else though as I don't think they've opened their doors yet and I was still in the Mount Lawley section... Keen to try it out when it opens.
Nath

Post by Nath »

urbangriller wrote:
Nath wrote:

Cheers, Wayne and Jan

Smo-King brand cookers are digital controlled pellet ovens, they are also the Cookshack importer for Aus.

So, Yes, that's likely to give them "Legit" US BBQ....the rest depends on their technique.

Northbridge....just a walk from the Anzac Day BBQ Comp....could be the way to kick it orf? Before cooking starts!....mind you, Old Faithful are also in the city.

Cheers
Chris

Ahh cool!
There opening up in Mt Lawley I think Chris? So maybe a bit to far to walk!
Nath
gussigan

Re: WA - Side Door BBQ Perth

Post by gussigan »

Yeah they're on Beaufort Street, just next to Mary Street bakery

I met Rob and Misty Ryan, the owners, the other week - like you, Nath, I was disappointed about the choice of BBQ, but Rob is crazy enthusiastic about getting it right - he's the ex head chef of the Merrywell, and prior to that ran a restaurant in Vegas

I don't think they are due to open by Anzac day weekend so that may put a damper on the plans for a meat up then.

will be doing an interview with Rob shortly for Gusface Grillah soon as well, so if there's anything you want to ask let me know!
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Hey Gus,

Tell Rob to give me a call, we did a US BBQ thing together for Broadfield a couple of years back...Nice Guy!

Cheers
Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
gussigan

Post by gussigan »

will do!