chicken tacos

CHICKEN, DUCK, PIDGEON, QUAIL, TURKEY ETC
Dylan

chicken tacos

Post by Dylan »

Don't think I can eat an old el Paso kit after having these! Didn't measure anything...

It's extremely important to use the freshest ingredients you can get, since most of the ingredients are served raw.

Chicken thighs
Seasoning for the chicken, I used a smoked chipotle blend
Oil (i used olive)
Small tortillas (use soft ones, forget about those ridiculous hard ones!)
Fresh baby spinach
Red onion, diced
Avocado, sliced
Coriander, chopped
Corn cobs, kernels removed
A can of chipotle chillis in adobo sauce
QP mayonnaise (the Japanese sushi mayo)
Lemon or lime (i prefer lime, but there's a lemon tree in the backyard...)

Mix oil and seasoning in a bowl, add chicken to marinate (i chop it but I want to try cooking the thighs whole and chopping them when they are cooked to see how it goes)
remove kernels from cobs, dice onion, chop coriander, slice avocado, place in separate serving dishes so your guests can choose what salad they want

Prepare chipotle mayo: put two chillis and two tablespoons of adobo sauce in a food processor and give them a blitz. Add enough mayo so that it's not too spicy, or it will overpower the tacos. You can make as much as you like, as long as you add a spoon of sauce when you add a chilli.

Warm tortillas according to packet directions (the old el Paso ones can be wrapped in foil and put in the oven or on the warming rack on your gasser, but this didn't work for the mission ones. But the mission ones tasted much better)

Grill the chicken.

Assembly
Take a tortilla, put some spinach on it. Place chicken pieces on the spinach. Add your choice of corn, coriander, onion, avocado on. Add chipotle mayo and squeeze lemon or lime over the top. Enjoy! (you will get messy... :mrgreen:)

Can be served on their own, with corn chips and guacamole, Mexican rice, or grilled corn cobs.

By the way, the chipotle mayo goes great on grilled corn cobs.
Cheers, Dylan
Snow

chicken tacos

Post by Snow »

I love tacos Ill defiantly have to try this! Thanks for sharing :)
Dylan

Re: chicken tacos

Post by Dylan »

No dramas! Forgot to say, add chilli sauce for a bit of extra kick if you want...
Cheers, Dylan