Flattened Chook

CHICKEN, DUCK, PIDGEON, QUAIL, TURKEY ETC
Jocool

Flattened Chook

Post by Jocool »

If I wanted to roto a flattened chook as you would see in a shop doing Portuguese style chicken, where would I get the cage to flatten it out and hold it as it turns?

Cheers.
urbangriller

Re: Flattened Chook

Post by urbangriller »

Outdoor Magic have one that most BBQ Stores should have, same as this one on Ebay:

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
peteru

Post by peteru »

Chris - missing eBay link :wink:

I've seen what they call a vegetable grill cage, or some such, at a variety / $2 shop in Chatswood. You may want to pop your head in a similar kind of store. It was big enough to hold a small chook. I haven't paid very close attention to how it closes, but it may be possible to have a larger chicken in it and just have some of it protruding out. It's basically two metal wire meshes on a hinged frame - similar to a waffle iron design, but intended to go on a BBQ / rotisserie.

Flattened Chook

Post by dales133 »

House have a Pete Evans one on sale at the moment for 15 bucks, was 39.95 and its pretty good quality with a wooden handle.
Mrs got me one but I haven't used it yet
peteru

Post by peteru »

Saw a gadget at Bunnings today, designed for chimenea grilling. Certainly large enough for a decent size chook.

Post by Ghurkin »

i run two big metal skwers through in an x shape to hold the chook flat, then just skewer it on the spit and sometimes use a little stainless steel wire to tie it on as well