Warm Duck Salad

CHICKEN, DUCK, PIDGEON, QUAIL, TURKEY ETC
BBQ&BEERS

Warm Duck Salad

Post by BBQ&BEERS »

I had a dinner guest last night. A nice lady I have just met last week so I was out to impress.

I’ve been wanting to have a crack at this for a while, it’s my take on a Jamie Oliver recipe from his 30 minute meals series.

Warm Duck Salad
I scored the skin, seasoned both sides and added dried rosemary and thyme. Into my new Aldi cast iron pan and into the Kettle with an indirect fire on one side.

Once the duck was cooked (and I over cooked it because I may have been attempting to be sophisticated instead of paying attention to the duck) I put it on a board and covered it with alfoil to rest. Drain the juices from the pan and add sliced mushrooms, garlic, chilli, mint, butter and season, back into the kettle. I was using a mix of button, Swiss brown and shitake mushrooms.

I sliced a sour dough French stick into thick croutons and seasoned them with sea salt cracked pepper, garlic, Rosemary and Thyme and drizzled with EVO, into the oven.

I’m a big fan of the sharing a meal from one plate or a board it really brings everything together.

The duck breasts were sliced, then added thinly sliced red onion, baby rocket and spinach leaves tossed it and added torn bocconcini. Season with salt and pepper again add a squeeze of lemon juice and then a sprinkle of caramelized black cheery vinegar.

Last thing to do is make the setting just right. Why sit at a table when you can sit in front of a fire and why use knives and forks when you can use chop sticks or better yet your fingers.

urbangriller

Re: Warm Duck Salad

Post by urbangriller »

And did the BBQ magic work?

Remember....No photos...Didn't happen!

Chris :D
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
BBQ&BEERS

Re: Warm Duck Salad

Post by BBQ&BEERS »

urbangriller wrote:And did the BBQ magic work?

Remember....No photos...Didn't happen!

Chris :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Any woman is a sucker for a man who can cook :wink: