Gourmet Brined Chicken

CHICKEN, DUCK, PIDGEON, QUAIL, TURKEY ETC
Gurilla

Re: Gourmet Brined Chicken

Post by Gurilla »

No worries cheers captain

I’ve made a brine now just put in the fridge, 2tbs sugar/salt, 2 teaspoon crushed garlic 2 tea spoon spice/herb mix 2L of water

Had no glad bags or anything so I used a plastic shopping bag got all the air out and twisted till the brine was over the chicken with no air used a “ikea bag clip”

Now to wait 5 hours and then dry for a few before I cook.. would 3 hours be enough drying time?

This is a trial run for Christmas so hopefully it works as half way through the days I’ll have to start brine the other chicken !

Cheers for the info everyone hopefully I can make this brine proud !
Black Q 3200
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

WOW = WOW - WOW 239,388 Views for this post it has to be some sort of a record.
For all of you who use this recipe thank you. May all your chicken dinners be great.

Captain.
johnny

Post by johnny »

johnny wrote: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:49 pm So i've been cooking this chicken for about 1.5 years ever since i got my bbq
and I think about 30 different people have tried it....any EVERYONE agreed it was one of the best chickens ever tasted. Even my kids *fussy eaters* eat it!
I've given the recipe to some people, they have tried it, but they tell me it's never as good as mine :D
My MIL thought the pink meat = raw :lol:

This Sunday, i'll be cooking for my staff - about 16 people all up - doing 4 chooks on the genesis. Will post some pics in the picture thread if I get time :D

Thanks to the Captain for this recipe :D
Wow, I can't believe it's been so long.
I still use this exact recipe, even all these years. I have tried experimenting adding in aromatics etc, spices, chilli, but the original is still the best!
Doing 2 birds tomorrow, and thought I would see how this thread was going!
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Thanks Johnny for the feedback. I also am still using this recipe after all these years. Captain