Weber Q Cooking multiple meats

CHICKEN, DUCK, PIDGEON, QUAIL, TURKEY ETC
markleigh

Weber Q Cooking multiple meats

Post by markleigh »

I've really been enjoying this site.

I've recently bought a Weber Q 220 & having a practice run this weekend. I need to cook a 1.8kg chicken (was going to give the brining a go) plus I need to cook a 1kg turkey roll. Can I cook them together? If so, would I start the 1.8kg chicken off for some time & then later put the turkey roll in? Any advice greatly appreciated on whether I can do this & what times?
davida

Re: Weber Q Cooking multiple meats

Post by davida »

Mark,

The last couple of Xmas's I have done a 2kg+ duck and a near 2kg chook together in a Q220. I just put them both in at the same time with the Weber probe thermometer in which ever one looked thicker - the chook from memory. They both cooked for the same time and worked fine.

I would guess the turkey roll would cook a bit quicker, so test that with a meat thermometer when you reckon it might be done, take it out & triple wrap it in foil and pack it in an esky with towels etc. It will stay hot for at least 4 hours.

Continue to cook the chook until it reaches the right temp on the meat thermometer.

cheers

David
markleigh

Re: Weber Q Cooking multiple meats

Post by markleigh »

Both meats chicken (brined for 4 hrs) & turkey roll cooked & tasted perfect. Only took just over an hour. Very impressed! Thanks for the advice David.