Hope it tasted as good as it looks.
Cheers.
Titch
Cheers
Titch
rosecran

Re: Peri Peri Chicken

Post by rosecran »

What I normally do when I bbq portuguese chicken is, I make a peri peri dipping sauce that I brush on the chicken as I eat it so that I don't waste good chillies in the marinade and heat is felt in every mouthful and that anyone can decide how much to brush on or not to brush on :)
your chook looks good mate! :D

Cheers
Josh
Amfibius

Post by Amfibius »

It is very gratifying to see my recipe here. Thanks for sharing, Brett.
Image Image Image
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

Amfibius wrote:It is very gratifying to see my recipe here. Thanks for sharing, Brett.

I take it you meant "my take on peri peri chicken"?
Bodgy

ImageImageImage
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Amfibius posted that recipe on overclocker's forum back in March.
ImageImage
the best part of a chook is the last bit over the fence
Amfibius

Post by Amfibius »

Not quite sure why he felt the need to be so bloody rude, but I take it that it's only one guy being a dick and not the whole forum.
Image Image Image
bodgy

Post by bodgy »

Amfibius wrote:Not quite sure why he felt the need to be so bloody rude, but I take it that it's only one guy being a dick and not the whole forum.
Wooooaaaa, sorry if your offended Keith. If was trying to be rude I'm sure I could do a lot better than that.
Bodgy

ImageImageImage
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Amfibius,

Bodgy is a friendly member of this forum as are all members. The forum is a social group of people from all walks of life that have a common interest , the various methods of BBQing. The main object as I see it is sharing and exchanging ideas, advice and bad habits with know how and lots of fun and a bit of light hearted banter and showing off along the way.
There may be a fair bit of leg pulling, chain rattling and general shenanigans along the way, but I have not seen anyone really being a dick on the forum.
BTW your http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showt ... p?t=946673 it really is great reading and I look foreward to more also on this forum !

Best Regards
Chalky
ImageImage
the best part of a chook is the last bit over the fence
Amfibius

Post by Amfibius »

Thanks guys. Looks as if I misunderstood Bodgy's comments :)

BTW - the recipe has been updated. Should be 5 tbsp of salt, not 10. Many people were complaining that it was too salty.
Image Image Image
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Chalky wrote:Amfibius,

Bodgy is a friendly member of this forum as are all members. The forum is a social group of people from all walks of life that have a common interest , the various methods of BBQing. The main object as I see it is sharing and exchanging ideas, advice and bad habits with know how and lots of fun and a bit of light hearted banter and showing off along the way.
There may be a fair bit of leg pulling, chain rattling and general shenanigans along the way, but I have not seen anyone really being a dick on the forum.
BTW your http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showt ... p?t=946673 it really is great reading and I look foreward to more also on this forum !

Best Regards
Chalky
Well put Chalky, saved me the hassle of gently admonishing Amfibius. I guess that he hasn't read a lot of posts with the great light hearted banter that we all get up to from time to time.
Of course any vicious attacks or bullying/flaming/profanity will be dealt with immediately with a warning or banning from the forum by the Moderators.

We love the way the forum is and the friendliness of it and aim to keep it that way.

Cheers

Phil aka Captain Cook - Moderator/Administrator
mustud52

Post by mustud52 »

Putting aside who may have invented the peri peri marinade, I was at Amfibius' on the weekend and had his recipe bbq'd in a Kamado.

I have spent the last two days deciding which Kamado to get to go with my Q300. :?:

Problems, problems...
Amfibius

Post by Amfibius »

mustud52 wrote:Putting aside who may have invented the peri peri marinade, I was at Amfibius' on the weekend and had his recipe bbq'd in a Kamado.
Hi Alex! We didn't get to talk much about Kamados ... too busy chatting about politics. Maybe start a new thread and I can tell you all the stuff I found when I was researching my purchase :)
Image Image Image
sosman

Post by sosman »

mustud52 wrote:Putting aside who may have invented the peri peri marinade, I was at Amfibius' on the weekend and had his recipe bbq'd in a Kamado.

I have spent the last two days deciding which Kamado to get to go with my Q300. :?:
Every day spent deciding is one less day to cook with it.
Amfibius

Post by Amfibius »

Here are some recent pictures of chicken made with this recipe:

Image Image Image
imarty

Post by imarty »

I have to say I did this recipe on the weekend and it was pretty bloody good!
Marinated for about 20 hours though and mine did have a pretty good kick of chilli in the end result.