Alternatively Mad Hunky Hot Ass Wang

Blue cheese Dipping Sauce
1 cup sour cream (250ml)
1-2 Tablespoon Blue Cheese (to taste)

Sides
1/2 stalk celery cut into 7cm lengths and then halved down middle

Directions

1. Preheat BBQ (or oven) to 350f (180c) and setup for indirect heat
2. Prepare chicken by cutting off excess skin (thick skin areas) and split wings into portions (if not split already)
3. In a bowl mix all Rub ingredients then apply to chicken to form an even coating
4. Place chicken onto BBQ (or oven) under indirect heat
5. While chicken is cooking place hot sauce, butter and white vinegar into a pan and bring up to temp untill butter has melted.
6. Whisk blue cheese into Dipping Sauce untill integrated
6. Remove sauce from stove and then whisk in small portion of corn flour until sauce thickens to a cream consistency (only use as much corn flour as is needed)
5. Cook chicken to 180-185f (82-85c) and ensure that fat has rendered and skin is a crips brown
6. place chicken in bowl and mix through thickened sauce.
7. Serve on plate with a bowl of blue cheese dipping sauce and celery sticks for mopping up excess sauce

Note: you can remove blue cheese and just serve with sour cream. Other hot sauces such as franks can be substituted for Diemens

SilentBoB

Re: BBQ - Hot Wing Recipe

Post by SilentBoB »

They look good! Gotta give wings a proper try in the Hark. Knocked up some honey sriracha wings on the weekend but cooked them in the oven as all my attention on the Hark was on the pulled pork I had going in there.

I also like throwing a bit of mayo and some chives in my blue cheese dip :)
beaver

Post by beaver »

mayo/ranch is a little too sweet for me (personal preference) but chives is a nice idea, will try that next time :)
SilentBoB

Post by SilentBoB »

aye fair enough. I just find it helps cut through the saltiness of the blue cheese and I only ever make up the dip when there's guests around as it makes so much and the mayo seems to make it more crowd friendly. I also make the mayo from scratch, none of that sweet store bought stuff ;) But it can still make it a bit rich. Generally there's always heaps left over. I think I need to have a play around with a few different recipes might give yours a crack next time.
beaver

Post by beaver »

yea, home made is ideal