chicken mojo criollo

CHICKEN, DUCK, PIDGEON, QUAIL, TURKEY ETC
the dane

chicken mojo criollo

Post by the dane »

reading the book Low & Slow! says to buy a bottle of Mojo Criollo any brand will do!
what is it? & where do I buy it?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2
Flippo

Re: chicken mojo criollo

Post by Flippo »

A quick Google sauce reveals that it's a Cuban garlic sauce used to marinate pork, chicken or beef. There's a number of recipes there to make your own but didn't search hard enough to find out if it is sold over here sorry. USA Foods perhaps?
the dane

Post by the dane »

yeah I read that. thats what happens when you order a book from the u.s.a

Flippo

Post by Flippo »

Had a basic search of USA Foods too and they didn't seem to have anything (that I could find, doesn't mean it's not there). It's piqued my interest though, I reckon I'll give it a go in the near future mate, might do some chicken thighs and grill them over charcoal. Thanks for the idea.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Googled it and seems ridiculously easy to make yourself, here's one recipe:
http://www.food.com/recipe/mojo-criollo-135130
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Ahhh, Thats what I call BBQ juice.
The more garlic the better. I normally use lemon or blood orange or Yuzu as I have those trees.
Cuban hey, I thought my BBQ juice was a little portuguese.
I make up enough to fill a large after market squeez sauce bottle and it keeps for months in the fridge.

Tip.
Baste with this during the grilling and if you like it spicey brush on a layer of chilli sauce just before finishing on the grill.
Dont add chilli to the marinade as it restricts what , or whom you can use it on.
And layering flavours is always better than mixing them all up at the start.
You guys must try this. BBQ juice was one of my first post's on this forum. Though Ive refined it since (got the chilli out and a few tweeks)
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Wingman

Post by Wingman »

the dane wrote:yeah I read that. thats what happens when you order a book from the u.s.a

Oh come on... If the books data is insufficient it doesn't have anything to do with the country... It's the author... LMAO! I'm not taking the statement as an insult but I will respond with logic. The US has a deep history in real BBQ and it's a go to for other countries who are interested in learning BBQ and learning it correctly. We can all learn from each other and make great BBQ!
Rob
Owner
SmokingPit.com
"Smoke it... and they will come!"
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Wingman wrote:
the dane wrote:yeah I read that. thats what happens when you order a book from the u.s.a

Oh come on... If the books data is insufficient it doesn't have anything to do with the country... It's the author... LMAO! I'm not taking the statement as an insult but I will respond with logic. The US has a deep history in real BBQ and it's a go to for other countries who are interested in learning BBQ and learning it correctly. We can all learn from each other and make great BBQ!
I dont think there was malice Wingman, More Ingreedients or terms that we dont have or hear of . Just a language thing.
US Books are generaly vey good,,,, If you know how to tranlate them. Lots here do and lots of us explain what it is.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
the dane

Post by the dane »

All good wingman, love the book and I new, there was going to be a few hard things to find and get over here! Its a bit like, I brought a bottle of Beerenberg Coopers Finest Ale BBQ sauce last month, tastes great! but I bet you, from outside of Australia you would be hard up to find that sauce!