Mountain Mick's Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce

SAUCES, RUBS, MARINADES, BRINES ETC
Mountain Mick

Post by Mountain Mick » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Plus this is a quick honey mustard dipping sauce we used in our cafe for Cripy potato skins, buffalo wings & fried Cheese sticks!!!!

1cup mayonnaise (homemade of course)
5 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
5 tablespoons honey
1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
Mix the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, honey, and lemon juice together in a bowl. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours overnight. And sevre as a dipping sauce for deef fried snacks like Cripy potato skins, buffalo wings & fried Cheese sticks while watching the ball game or before the BBQ starts.

Hope you like MM :D :) :P :lol: :wink:

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Image Image
21st century caveman Mountain Mick www.mountaingriller.com

Hogsy

Re: Mountain Mick's Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce

Post by Hogsy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Sounds great,I'll try it this weekend with some wings
Viva La Charcoal Revolution
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!

tfx

Post by tfx » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:35 pm

Sounds similar to the Outback steakhouse copycat recipe which is really nice and versatile.

They use their sauce in a chicken dish which you could use your dipping sauce for. Fry some trimmed bacon in a pan and remove then fry some chicken breast hammered flat and seasoned with season all in the same pan.

Put the breast in a lasagne dish, drizzle the sauce over then cover with bacon then shredded colby cheese before grilling under the top element of an oven until cheese melts. My kids go crazy for it and I have never seen it knocked back when I have served it.

Mountain Mick

Post by Mountain Mick » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:45 am

Hi tfx
I been making mine since our first Cafe back in 1986 It was my take on one I got a few years earlier from the Bernard King cooking Show ' King's Kitchen".. carp I'm show me age now ,
Here a copy of the Outback steakhouse copycat recipe hell I had to looking the net for this one
This one looks like a Julia Child's recipe
According to Julia Child, mayonnaise is also something every cook must confidently and rapidly whip up on command with nary a qualm, because it is one of the elemental cookery procedures.

Outback Steakhouse Honey Mustard Dressing,
1 and 1/2 cups mayonnaise – do not use Miracle Whip!
1/4 cup mustard (Grey Poupon only)
1/2 cup honey

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Allow to set for at least 2 hours before serving, but overnight is best.

You must use Grey Poupon Mustard–do not substitute. Steven Man suggests that you use 1 and 1/4 cup of light mayonnaise and a heaping 1/4 cup of Grey Poupon instead of the regular mayonnaise.

http://www.copykat.com/2009/05/11/outba ... -dressing/

Where is the Outback Steakhouse ?? must be south of the Queensland border as I've never heard of if before, or something from the go old USA?. MM :) :)
Image Image

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Loose the honey and use white sugar and you have big Mac special sauce :)
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au

Card Shark

Post by Card Shark » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Outback Steakhouse locations in AU are all in NSW. Probabaly a good thing. http://outbacksteakhouse.com.au/index.php/locations

tfx

Post by tfx » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 pm

The first few times i went I really enjoyed the food but my last couple of visits have been a let down a bit. Still love their cheese and bacon fries with the ranch dipping sauce though. Actually an American chain that was looking for a theme that then grew and came to Oz.

I often stop at the one in Wentworthville Sydney as it is a good break from a long drive I do to my parents house.

I haven't actually had the chicken there but found the recipe online that you listed above along with some similar take off efforts while looking for the ranch sauce recipe. Try the chicken dish as it is pretty easy and very tasty.

Mountain Mick

Post by Mountain Mick » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:27 pm

So what a bit like Hogs Breath Cafe?? MM :D

tfx wrote:The first few times i went I really enjoyed the food but my last couple of visits have been a let down a bit. Still love their cheese and bacon fries with the ranch dipping sauce though. Actually an American chain that was looking for a theme that then grew and came to Oz.

I often stop at the one in Wentworthville Sydney as it is a good break from a long drive I do to my parents house.

I haven't actually had the chicken there but found the recipe online that you listed above along with some similar take off efforts while looking for the ranch sauce recipe. Try the chicken dish as it is pretty easy and very tasty.
Image Image

Card Shark

Post by Card Shark » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Probably more like an Australian themed Sizzler MM, without the big buffet. The first one I visited was in Florida seeing Aussie beer advertisements at the bar. Unfortunately that's all they were :roll:

tfx

Post by tfx » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:57 am

Mountain Mick wrote:So what a bit like Hogs Breath Cafe?? MM :D
Similar in some ways. When it is good i would rank it ahead of Hogs Breath for food and a little more restaurant like. Like i said though the last couple of trips haven't been as good. Spoilt by the kamado a bit also maybe.

They do a reverse sear prime rib which is nice with pepper sauce and the cheesy fries are an awesome entree to share with a group. I like the buy one drink and get refills all night there also. Unfortunately only soft drink.